Forte II repair?

I got a pair or heavily used and abused forte ii's. I think i want to restore em by refinishing the cabinet. I noticed the midwoofer on one of them doesnt seem to work and the tweater on the other isn't responding. How do i figure out if this is a cross over or driver problem and where can I get replacements?

Also any good way to pull out a dust cap? one of the passive ones is pushed in.

Well this is easy as you have at least 1 of each driver that works. swap the mid to the other speaker, if the problem moves its the speak, if it stays its the x-over, or a bad connection.

Remove the tweeter horn from one speaker and swap with the other. Do the same with the midrange. If the tweeter works in the other Forte then its the crossover. If it doesn't then its the tweeter. Same with the midrange.

For the dust cap, use a vacuum cleaner's hose attachment to pull it out. Worked fine on a pair of Quartets that I had that have passive radiators. It really is a cosmetic thing as the sound won't be affected by them being pushed in.

You can contact Klipsch directly or if you want to upgrade them, Bob Crites (BEC) who is a member here has options for you. http://critesspeakers.com/

Ok i opened em up, loose connection on the midwoofer. It looked like the tweeter is bad on one of em though. Its got infinite resistance and doesnt work in either one. I am guessing the diaphragm needs to be replaced. Where can I get a new one?

If you want to upgrade them, here you go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Diaphragm-Klipsch-Tweeter-K-76-K-79-Pair-Titanium_W0QQitemZ370190689127QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSpeakers_Subwoofers?hash=item563115a367&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Best improvement I made to my Forte IIs, hands-down.

Otherwise Bob sells the original ones, as does Klipsch. I really would recommend the titanium diaphragms though.