Stupid Question

BS Button

A Tape out is a line output with a fixed volume being sent through it. The signal going through it doesn't go up or down when you turn the main volume up and down. So, you could technically do it that way, but you'd have to get up and adjust the gain control on the sub every time you adjusted your main volume up and down. It would be a great way to lose weight from all the exercise.

Going through a pre-amp output would be the only way. Actually now that I think about it, you could possibly use the headphone output if the receiver had one. It would be easy to find a cord that had a headphone connection on one side and an RCA connection on the other I'd think.

A Tape out is a line output with a fixed volume being sent through it. The signal going through it doesn't go up or down when you turn the main volume up and down. So, you could technically do it that way, but you'd have to get up and adjust the gain control on the sub every time you adjusted your main volume up and down. It would be a great way to lose weight from all the exercise.

Going through a pre-amp output would be the only way. Actually now that I think about it, you could possibly use the headphone output if the receiver had one. It would be easy to find a cord that had a headphone connection on one side and an RCA connection on the other I'd think.

So, an extra set of Pre-outs would work wonders? I would need just one set of RCA's plugged into the "in", correct? Where would you go "out"? Wuzzer, I just ordered an SVS sub, BTW...

BS

So, an extra set of Pre-outs would work wonders? I would need just one set of RCA's plugged into the "in", correct? Where would you go "out"? Wuzzer, I just ordered an SVS sub, BTW...BS

Which SVS?

If you only have one pair of pre-outs on your integrated amp and if you're already using those you can just get a y-splitter for each output channel. Hook one of each to your powered sub and the other of each to whatever else you have hooked up.

I'm assuming you're using your integrated amp as a pre-amp and your Aragon amp as your main amp? If so, another way to hook everything up other than what I described above would be to run your pre-amp outputs to your sub, then the sub's low level outputs (assuming it has them, most do) to your Aragon amp. Sometimes doing that will remove bass from whatever is connected to the low level outputs on the sub. I know my previous sub (SVS PC-Plus 16-46) filtered the bass from 80Hz on down from its low level outputs. That worked out well for me since that setup I had didn't have any sort of crossover built in and that allowed my amp to only amplify everything from 80Hz on up, lightening its load so to speak.

Wuzzer,

I'm down to chosing between a few recievers, now. The Pioneer Elite SXA9J two channel has a set of pre-outs. I'm not worried about the options on the Elite SC-05. Would you be so kind as to suggest what options I would have with that two channel 9J? The SVS sub is a SB12Plus. The Aragon is sold, but not shipped yet.

BS[bs]

If you go with the pre-out Y corded to sub and amp I would think you would run one side of the left and right pre-amp out Y cord to the Sub and let the SVS sum the two channels internally to get the lows from both channels. I have spoken with SVS on this for my PB12 Plus 2. Give SVS support a call , they are outstanding with phone and email service.