Finally, my HT setup and pictures!

smcilwaine287

And as for the other person, like I said I am actually listening on 2 channel enhancer because I'm playing this straight from my zune. Could this be because my zune's volume output is very low, on top of it being an mp3 file? when I listen to my zune it's normally at about +1db's, which is comparable in volume to - 15db's coming from the ps3.

If you are using the headphone output on the zune to hook up to your receiver (presumably by an 1/8" to RCA cord), it will sound terrible.

I had a roommate who said I was crazy. Then I played the exact same song on a cd player hooked up to my receiver, and then from his Ipod. No comparison

That is exactly What I am doing. Well If I have get a lot of my music digitally, what would be the best method of playing these songs. would it be better if I transferred them directly to my PS3? I know mp3 quality is only so good, but as I said alot of my collection is not actual discs. Thanks alot guys, I am thankful for not being bashed.

You can use the ps3. I'm almost positive it has a digital audio out, which is handy. You can compare the SQ by using the digital out to your receiver, and the analog out (red/white), and see if you here a difference. I highly doubt you will, but its possible if the DAC's in the ps3 are better than your receiver, or vice-a-versa.

Just make sure to use something that is supposed to be an audio output. (typical red/white composite connection, optical, or spdif (looks like an rca, but its digital))

I think the process of "amplifying" the signal before it goes to the headphones, and then amplifying it again is where the issue comes in. I'm not exactly sure about the signal strengths, but it kind of makes sense.

BTW, I highly recommend klipsch headphones for the zune. I use them while I exercise, they rock.

Thanks for the input on the headphones! I don't ever use them except for when I am listening on my speakers :-( Lets start a petition for a klipsch zune dock! their ipod dock is awesome!

But anyways, I will try to figure out the best way to get my files on my ps3, and then I will try that. Would it be ok if I was running an HDMI cable to my receiver, or would an optical cable for 2 channel audio only give me even better SQ?