Woofer not blown, but rattle inside dust cap?!!

I noticed on my KLF-30's that one of the woofers had a rattle to it, so I was instantly worried, only happened to notice it at the beginning of transformers when optimus prime was talking without much mid or tweet involvement. I took the woofer out, and was puzzled to find that there is a piece of something rattling around inside the dust cap. It is a very small piece of something, but I can get it to rattle around freely when lightly shaking the woofer (carefully of course)

There is a screen on the inside of the vent on the back side of the woofer, so I can't get the piece out that way, so should I try and gently pry up the dust cap? Please advise me guys, I haven't tried anything like this before.

Only trouble would be if you ever need to remove it again. So have you taken it off yet, and what was in there?

I would use it without the cap till you can get a better answer, I guess the one I did wasn't a klf, since I forgot about those having the shiinny woofer(plastic like).

When I had to do my klf-20 woofer, chunk of glue laying under the dustcap, I used a fairly good clear adhesive caulk. Takes a litttle while to dry though is easy to set, easy to cleanup and will hold for a very long time. Just a little around the edge as you would use glue.

I got the dust cap about 90% off and was able to get out the "mystery" object. It was actually two pieces of tinsel lead, one being about a quarter inch long the other about an eighth of an inch long. I reglued the dustcap on with super glue, and it is holding quite well so far.