New Tweeter Baffles

sootshe

Much prefer the sound with the tweeters in this position....more detail & more open sound.

If you have them moved towards the back, are the tweeter and mid driver lined up? If they are, the time alignment will probably be the difference you are hearing. I mounted a pair of APT150s in baffles and moved them to the back of my LS, lined up with the K55. A dramatic improvement!

Bruce

post-7149-13819475362568_thumb.jpg

Much prefer the sound with the tweeters in this position....more detail & more open sound.

If you have them moved towards the back, are the tweeter and mid driver lined up? If they are, the time alignment will probably be the difference you are hearing. I mounted a pair of APT150s in baffles and moved them to the back of my LS, lined up with the K55. A dramatic improvement!

Bruce

Bruce, yes the mid & tweeter drivers are lined up, so you're probably right about the time alignment. There is a definite difference.....all positive.

John

Bruce,
Love the organ pipe in the corner. Is there a story that goes with it?

It's really just a conversation piece. Our Physics Dept. was cleaning and threw it out, so I took it home. They had used it for demonstrations.

Those look great. I really like the look of your la Scala's Can you tell me how you did that ? Thanks, Kevin

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/114742/1157325.aspx#1157325

This is the link to the original thread which shows the build process. I've turned them around so that the front faces the rear wall.

Any more questions just let me know.

John