Receiver for Forte II?

bill77

I am considering purchasing a pair of Forte II's locally. My current setup includes a Marantz SR 8500 which is rated at 125 watts per channel. Is this going to be a total mismatch for my receiver or a waste of good speakers? Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum. I have heard really good praises about Marantz and Klipsch. I think the Forte II's and the 8500 will be a great match. I will probably be upgrading to a Marantz receiver(6003 or 8002) to pair with my B&K and drive my Forte's. If Forte's sound really good with my Onkyo, I know the Marantz will sound that mutch better.

Bill

Realizing I am new here and never one to overstep boundaries intentionally, may I politely suggest trying your Fortes with a warm luscious tube amp?

I have multiple amps and I can truly say that the Forte II's glow, effervesce and shimmer when driven by tubes. I wont use solid state on my older speakers...and many will debate it, but I personally find nuances and hear details that I wont hear with solid state.

Realizing I am new here and never one to overstep boundaries intentionally, may I politely suggest trying your Fortes with a warm luscious tube amp?

I have multiple amps and I can truly say that the Forte II's glow, effervesce and shimmer when driven by tubes. I wont use solid state on my older speakers...and many will debate it, but I personally find nuances and hear details that I wont hear with solid state.

But I don't believe Marantz made a tubed receiver. [;)]

On a serious note, good recommendation and welcome to the forum.

what I recommend is a 2 ch power amp if posible, high current , My father in the 80's had a pair of the fortes 1s not the 2s with an old denon amp from back in the day which had the long red live across the front i dont know if any body knows which ones am talking about and them fortes really really slamed I sounded as if a band was playing right in front of u, the amp was i think 180 watts per @ 8 ohms

Marantz 2252b and Forte's. Just moved my Forte's from heavily tiled and no acoustic dampening family room to a carpeted with thick curtains bedroom. I don't know if it is the Marantz alone or the combination of it and the different acoustics but now the Forte's seem more articulate and instruments have a seperation to them I really never noticed. I never knew only 52 vintage Marantz watts would even compare to my B&K 200w amp. The Onkyo/B&K combo sounds great with the Forte's but I think the Marantz and Forte's are a match made in audio heaven.

Bill