RW 12 sub not auto-powering on or pumping bass

ngreer

I have an RW 12 that will not power on when given a signal. I have tried line in and LFE inputs. If I flip the switch to On, the red led will go to green and I can barely make out the beat of the music, bit it isn't amplifying it.

On the electronics board I don't see anything smoked, burnt or bulged. The main power board (120v in) gives 8.75 V out whether the led is red or green. I don't know if this is normal voltage.

Any tips on what to investigate or replaced? It is beyond the two year warranty. Does Klipsch do mail-in repairs? I haven't called them yet.

The power board is iNDiGO Canada 600130 rev a, lfe/low/high-level-in board is indigo 630130 rev 2, the board powering the speaker is indigo BASH 00-X0103-01.

Thanks for any info you might have...

Can you run an RCA to your sub from a sub out on your DVD or CD player? Use a different cable. That would eliminate your current cable and sub out jack on your receiver as being the culpret. I mightr even try a high level (speaker wire) signal and see what happens with that.

I've eliminated the receiver as a problem. I ran a headphone->rca cable from a laptop headphone jack to the sub line level inputs and the lfe input. Neither caused the sub to turn on, but when I manually flip the Auto/On switch on the sub to On, the power led goes green and I can hear very muffled music... but it still doesn't have the normal intensity. Not even "ok" intensity, just barely audible. The side dial volume/gain is all the way up/clockwise. Turning it down reduces volume. I haven't tried high level inputs, but I can tonight.