Outlaw Audio Pre-amp 970 $299

peshewah

Yes, the Outlaw 970 is selling for $299 through midnight July 5th.

Not only that, but if you buy one and decide to upgrade to the 997 when it comes out later this year, you get a $200 discount on the 997.

I got my 970 last Thanksgiving on their Black Friday sale for the same deal. Best bargain I've seen in new home electronics in a LONG time.

Yes, I have the 7500 amp. It's an incredible piece of equipment - all 80 lbs of it.

I am VERY pleased with the Outlaw equipment. I have RF-7 / RC-7 fronts with RS-62 surrounds and it drives them effortlessly with seeming unlimited headroom and dynamics. I had been running just a 2 channel setup with the RF-7s on a QSC amp, and I have to say the Outlaw holds it's own against the QSC very well.

I'm hoping to upgrade to the 997 when it comes out later this year, if the budget allows.

I own mutliple outlaw audio products. OA is great. Service and support, via forums and over the phone are tops (although they are always busy when you call, they do call you back and the reps are quite knowledgable. Never needed to call twice).

However, think about it. I don't think the 970 has hdmi nor any of the newer dolby and dts stuff. My 990 (which I believe is the big brother to the 970) does not, but it is wonderful none the less. I just got a used onkyo heat machine the 805. Has just about everything. Shipped for about $450. But it has an amp built in, ok so the amp will not be that great spec wise. Also the 997 will cost $1400, or 1200 with the purchase of the 970. Sorry folks, unless you currently need a good quality but old tech system for a secondary room and already have an amp, I would pass. Another debate would be, you need a component in your main system now. Consider a used 990 (?$500) vs new 970 ($300) (either with a good quality used SS amp, I own the OA 750, ?$600) vs used 805 like mine (around $500). That is a tougher choice.

I may wait a while before upgrading the 990, as it is already paid for and these dolby and dts soundfields change every 6 months or so.

The 970 and 990 do not have HDMI. But they do have 7.1 analog in, so if your BD player decodes Dolby True HD, you're in business.

That's also why they're offering the $200 discount on the 997 for 970 buyers when it comes out. Heck, with the discount, I could sell my 970 for $100 and still break even, and I get to enjoy the 970 while waiting for the 997.

The big reason I want a 997 is the Trinnov optimizer. That's worth the price of admission right there.