Updated Home Theater Pictures

eq_shadimar

Heyas Guys -

I have updated my web page with the latest and greatest picture. I have added another rack unit and I have started my wire "hiding" process. So far only the bottoms of both rack have received this treatment but I think it will work well. I have also added some more diagrams showing the interconnects and a front view with component placement. There are also some pictures of my new SVS subwoofers. Hope ya all like it. Let me know what ya all thinkcwm12.gif

Home Theater Page

Laters, cwm9.gif

------------------

...wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world...

My Home Theater Page

This message has been edited by eq_shadimar on 02-26-2002 at 12:06 AM

wow, 3 SVS's! talk about some boom!.... how is your foundation holding up?

------------------

-justin

ProMedia 5.1 Tech Help

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Awesome set up.....those 3 svs must move the whole house!! cwm24.gif

Eric.

------------------

Certifed Legend Maniac :

6 KLF-20 as mains, surrounds, rears!

1 KLF-C7 center!

All powered by Denon AVR-5700 (soon to be updated to Aragon Stage 1 or Denon AVR 4802)

HDTV Toshiba 56H80

Dual Subs 12" Velodyne & 12" M & K

Sony DVP-NC650v SACD/DvD changer

Toshiba SD-6200 Prog Scan DVD player

DVDO IScan Pro

2 LaserDisc players

Toshiba HiFi VCR

Marantz Pronto Universal Remote

Please Visit My Website : http//hometown.aol.com/erickalet6/home.html

I wanted to give it two thumbs up but the Smileys are not up to the quality of your HT. You stir the Heritage cockles of my heart... thanks for letting us take a peek... you have a lot to be proud of.

It's been awhile since I roamed the Plano/Richardson trail... is hi-tech still alive and well there? At least we are now assured that their is a bona fide Klipscher role model to ramp up the neighborhood.

But, Eq, don't you think one of those couches in the future HT room ought to make into a bed for emergency situations or a wrong Blockbuster choice?

Keep us posted... you are on a cwm12.gif HornEd

Thanks for the update, Jmon... I've heard things had cooled down quite a bit. My son still works the high-tech arena but telecommutes from San Antonio. There is still quite a bit to be done out here in Silicon Valley... but just a lot fewer people have to do it all.

It is heartening to see Klipsch expanding in Indy and Hope in this economic climate. I trust in all the up-tempo activity... the old horns come through it all. But, being a semi-fossil, I understand that times come and go... but I also learned in biology that ears change ever so slowly... so maybe it's just a little marketing magic needed to protect "our" Heritage.

cwm4.gif HornEd

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. Yes it ROCKS for HT and music. The neighbors enjoy coming over to watch moives so no complaints form them yet. Now all I need is a good 16X9 HDTV. The opening between the racks is 63.5" which is wide enough for almost all of the 65" diag. HDTV's out there (I checked before I builtSmile.gif)

I assembled and customized (drilling holes for wires etc..) the wall units but did not build them. They are from Home Depot Mills Pride line. Decent quality and they look great. They are actually kitchen cabinets without the doors on them. The 2 smaller units were $40 each and the tall units were $110 each so I only have $300 invested in the whole deal. Pretty darn cheap if you ask me. I figure that I can always go the custom cabinet route later if needed.

HornEd -

I am actually working for a hi tech company (we make machines that make computer chips). The old guard telecom industry certainly has taken a beating here recently but hi tech is far from being dead. I have several friends working at telecom startups that have just received additional funding. I think hibernation would be a better term. There are still loads of smart and talented people in the area and it seems to be getting more crowded all the time.

TI is starting to pick up again with hirings and the general feeling in the semi conductor industry is that the worst is over.

I was actually thinking about reclining couches or some nice Berkliners. Still need to think about that thou. My most recent idea was to have the front seating on a giant turntable so that they could be turned around to the back seats for normal conversation. I don't think that will happen though. (oh btw I have 2 spare bedrooms so the sleep over deal is covered Smile.gif)

------------------

My Home Theater Page

Thanks for the reply, Eq! Many years ago, my company was the first to successfully put probe card designs (and other more secret stuff) into native PostScript to create improved flow of electrons resulting in reduced noise. And also... a whole lot of other emerging technologies which was our bag... I had a computer generated printing venture that was a multi-million $ a month cash cow which freed our engineers to do fun stuff.

We had working relationships with most of the major contractors with the U.S. government. Those were fun days, our engineers were exposed to many secrets of various competitors across the country but none were ever compromised to my knowledge.

In those days, our main theater showroom at the InfoMart and our facilities across the country were places where employees and guests were bathed with the good stuff audio-wise. We even had an eclectic mix of randomized sounds coming from a 5-disc CD for our music on hold.

BTW, the InfoMart façade was built to resemble the original Crystal Palace (London) and was made from recycled beer cans... I think our guys & gals did our share of contributing to that aspect as well!

But enough of memory lane... Eq, seriously consinder putting good quality leather seating in your HT area. Spinning leather LazyBoys do great for a conversation/HT combo. Real leather is the only furniture covering that I have found that translate a great bass offering into a chair so your body can know that feeling you get in your chest. Try it... you'll like it... and so will she! Yep, we had leather seating in our guest lounges... especially for the bass effect!

We all share your pride and look forward to your next report. cwm32.gif HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 02-28-2002 at 03:04 AM

HornEd -

Dang I am constantly amazed at the depth of your experiences. The InfoMart is a cool place to visit I have had an occasion to go there several times when I worked in the barcoding/RF data collection industry.

As far as seating goes I am leaning towards leather. I am worried about the "sticky" factor in the summer though and durability with my doggie. My other big dilemma is seperate seating or loveseats/sofas. I think that it would be cool to have indivdual seats with cup holders etc.. but then how do you cuddle? Oh well I will figure that one outSmile.gif

Laters,

------------------

My Home Theater Page

Although the high-tech industry is not "dead", it has definitely not been well. I have seen the other side of things that aren't so well -- through friends, associates, acquaintances, and first-hand experience. It honestly seems that half of the people I know locally that are in the technical field are out of work. The other half are employed, but are constantly looking over their shoulder. The Dallas area is big on telecom, and the telecom industry has been hit very, very hard. Nortel has their U.S. headquarters in Dallas, and they have laid off 50,000 people worldwide in the last year (half the company). It appears that things will not get better for them anytime soon. Alcatel, Cisco, Ericcson, Samsung, Fujistsu, Motorola, and the like are in similar situations (although maybe not as bad). All of these have a big presence in North Texas. Most small high-tech startup companies have failed in the last year. I used to belong to one of them. I actually know someone that lost three jobs within 12 months. The semiconductor industry isn't in as bad of shape, but things aren't rosie there either. TI does have some positions available, but they also just laid off some people in January (some folks that I know). It's funny how TI will be laying off people and hiring at the same time. I guess they have always been that way. I attended a technical career fair last week. There were only four companies there, only two were local. I have been to the very same ones in the past where there would be 80-100 companies participating. At this one, they didn't have the 2000 job seekers attending as they did at one a few months ago, but the lines were long nonetheless. Personally, I probably know or have met close to 30 people that are unemployed here in Dallas (probably more than that if I really thought about it). Some of the people I know have since found jobs, but unfortunately, even recently, I am hearing about more people losing their jobs than people finding jobs. There are quite a few highly talented people here that can't find a job. Yes, I think the worst is over, and things are going to get better, but we are still a ways from getting back to normal.

Sorry if this post sounds depressing or gloomy, but I just thought I'd show how things can be different depending on your perspective. Believe it or not, I'm actually an optimist!

JMON, it's like that in every high-tech concentrated area across the country. I, too, am an optimist... an optimist with a yen to come out of retirement... but this time probably in some other field that takes advantage of high-tech without being damned by association.

Maybe it's time to take some of the "smoke & mirrors" out of the stock market and free corporate achievers from the increasingly impossible demands of making progressively larger companies make the big gains that only smaller developing corporations can. Yes all you budding young "economics mechanics" the old economic engine of America needs another tune-up!

Eq-Shadimar... we used leather love seats flanked with leather swivel recliners with attached snack & beverage holders... and found they really contributed to the HT dynamic "rock" and the social dynamics "role"... and A/C makes leather a delicious tactile experience when, as Jerry Lee says, "there's a whole lot a shakin' goin' on! Oh, yeah, and how does your doggie feel about wearing leather booties on the furniture? Hmm, I wonder if the Soundog does? cwm6.gif HornEd