Help cool my Components!

Okay sorry to get back to you guys somewhat late but, here is my experience with it on top of the entertainment center. It did run a bit cooler partly due to the fact that the ceiling fan is moving more air around it. The fact that it was noticeably cooler out in the open, would leave me to believe that it will be fine in the entertainment center but, with help from a fan. I REALLY like the look of the whole kit and having it mounted directly on top of the receiver. I wasn't looking to spend more than $20 though.

http://www.coolerguys.com/840556088417.html

Personally I like these there usb powered don't to do any wiring just plug and mount or set on top of where ever you need one.

I doubt he's got a USB on his receiver but THIS kit (at the same site) looked like it had everything he needed.

AND me too! Thanks for the site. The Scythe S-flex fits the bill for me as well. 33.50CFM and only 8.7dba!

In the summer I crank the A/C for a while before a session, but shut it down when listening. I run a tube CDP and tube preamp into two SS power amps. The power amps are not pressed to heat up by any means, but after several hours at volume, the tube heat invades them. I like my SS stuff to be Cooool. Thanks again,

tc

I would look at some 12 volt fans from Tiger Direct, New Eqq or Geeks.com.

Get a couple of them and a varialbe or selectable ac to dc converter and run them at 6 or 7 volts.

You will get plenty of ventialtion and you will not hear the fans at all.

The power supply can be purchased at a Radio Shack.

I have done this for many years on my equip and it keeps everything cool.

Remember - Heat Kills!

Okay guys here is the verdict on the fan issue. I ended up going with this fan from RadioShack.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2211703&tab=summary

some more detailed specs

Features Cool all of the components in your computer!
High air flow, low noise
Sleeve bearing for quiet performance
Connects directly to your power supply
Fan Dimension 120 x 120 x 25 mm
Fan Speed 2000 RPM
Bearing Type Sleeve
Noise Level 21 dBA
Max. Air Flow 78 CFM
Max. Air Pressure 2.97 mm H2O
Power Connector Molex 4-pin
Started Voltage 6V
7V Max
Rated Current 0.38A
Power Input 4.56W
MTBF 30000 Hours
Weight 156 g
With the fan only being $10 and fitting my needs quite nicely and I already had DC converter laying around (Cell phone charger). I feel a little less worried about my receiver overheating. It is noticeably cooler to the touch and I'm sure it's running better with less heat strain. I mounted it on the back right side of the receiver with case screws, just above the large internal heat sinks. I appreciate everyones help and suggestions with this so, any other questions just ask. Thanks guys!

You can buy electronics cooling fans that run on household current from electrical suppliers. I use desktop computers in small pedestals in art installations and it can get very warm inside those spaces. Heat rises, so you can make good use of that by having air inlets at the bottom of your cabinet where the cool air is and mounting the fan in the top or at the top of a side. Cool as a cucumber and extending component life--it's a good thing.

Be careful to check out the decible ratings of the fan you buy so you can get one that isn't too noisy.

George