Last weekend's project

ace168516

As many of you probably witnessed first hand, we did not have the greatest weather here in the midwest for the 4th of July...while usually I take some time to work on my foundation leaks and doing crazy yard project here at the Money Pit, I decided to do something kinda fun that has been on hold for a long time. I bought a pair or rear mount touch LCD about a year ago and decided to put one in, so I can have some easy access tunes on my deck.

post-36287-13819486859026_thumb.jpg

I picked up a 17" touch LCD from medical surplus, but it was smoked by someone to whom I loand it... Since I'm starting down the path of a media server, I'm thinking about another... Any sources (and prices) for OEM panels like that one?

I have run several variants of different software...still hunting for an open source one for linux, but my last several ones have been windows based such as e-jukebox and touchtunes, there are several ones out there, this is the new touchtone in the picture...it has a few bugs, but it generally excellent...I think you have to pay more for the karaoke support in the pro version...or atleast having the decoder built in for CDG. I think I paid $30 or $40 for a license of the standard version, but it has a wide features for library and is designed from the ground up for touch support so big buttons and easy navigation and album art support ect.

As for suppliers, the used market is usually pretty nice for these...the one in the picture was a 12" ELO Intellitouch...I think it retailed at about $700...I picked one up for 1/2 that as b-stock or refurbished with 1 year warranty. Any resturant auction is a great place to find a normal one, which could just use a VESA mount...otherwise, for the rack mount or kiosk kind like mine, just hunt around the net...I do not recall where I got this one...I think it was geeks.com or something...I know I bought one at CDW as well in the past, but they are pricey, but I can also just pick them up there.