replacing a 40k pot with a 50k pot

The Dude

So I ve asked a similar question in the wrong dept. but maybe someone around here can help. I have a dynaco pat 4 with a bad treble pot so I would like to replace it, the only one around that I can seem to find with in a reasonable price is a 50k ohm pot. What kind of issues will I have with this, the only reason why I want to place it is so I can center it better so it will be flat. Or is it possible to take it out completely and just put a resistor in. Will appreciate any feedback.

thanks

duder

You mention "reasonable price", what is an unreasonable price?

JJK

$5.00 as in $30.00 I dont want to put alot into, cause I plan on replacing all the guts with a diy kit down the road. I just want to make the treble and bass equal between the two channels.

nick

GotHover your always there with good advice, thanks for the right direction. I will give that forum a try, is that the one linked off of tubes4hifi. I have been thinking about getting on there just never got around to it, so looks like a time to start.

thanks for your help

nick

After GotHover pointed me to the dynaco forum, and I posted there. I shortly got an email from Bob telling me he had a good pat-4 treble pot, that would give me just for the price of shipping. I want to say thanks to all for your input, especially GotHover for pointing me in that direction. I might seem a bit excited over just a pot but its nice to get a little help when you don't have much to give. So thanks to all.

Nick