Klipsch Tangent T10 any one familar with there sound?

Cornman

cornman,

I would say that they sound OK, but not in the league of Heritage speakers. Some of the bigger boys in the Tangent line, like the 400 are excellent, essentially a Heresy II in a optimal tower cab.

They are ok for what they are, but are just little guys with an 8" woofer. For a bedroom or office they could suffice.

$100 for a twenty year old bottom of the line speaker would be something ahead of book value, I guess, but if you like them go for it. I certainly would want to listen to them before pick up.

Too much for far too little.

Keep looking. You can do much better. My brother picked up a pair of Forte IIs for 80 bucks. They need a new passive, but beyond that they are fine. He also got a pair of KG4s for 100 and a pair of 5.2s for 80.

I got a pair of Tangents for my dad last year for 60 and they are a bit of a disappointment.

• 3 months later...
I have a pair of Tangent T10, been running them with a vintage Marantz 2285b in my office. They are all about the horn. Some things sound just great. To my ears acoustic instruments sound great, like the speakers are an instrument all to themselves. They are off the scale efficient taking virtually not power to drive them. They fail on pop music as the higher end of the low range odd. They do have a kind of going to the live concert sound to them, if that is a sound. So you can pound them on stadium rock. I know this post is a bit stale, but someone will find it in a search some day.

I like my Tangent 10's for a smaller speaker.

I think because they are a two way there are some things that sound really good on them.

I only payed $25 for them too.

Unfortunately Dire Straits blew one of mine apart a few weeks ago and I haven't gotten around to making some really sweet replacement cabs yet.