S4i News

Professor Thump

Klipsch is introducing earbuds equipped with an inline three-button microphone and remote system that easily handles the voice and/or music control of Apple's iPhone and iPods. The Image S4i works seamlessly with the iPhone 3GS, third-generation iPod shuffle, second-generation iPod touch, fourth-generation iPod nano, and the iPod classic 120 GB.

Klipsch says the S4i remote is among the first to be fully compatible with the Apple VoiceOver feature on the third generation iPod shuffle, which allows you to hear the name of the playlist, song or artist with just the press of a button.

Proceed to this site.

Any chance of getting the remote for the Image X10s? Or even better...an upgrade program to add a remote to my current X10s? :)

Nothing has been announced...yet...

P Thump don't go teasing people.... or Lisa (meagain) might be first in line for some serious booty kicking. If you do come out with the X10i model, she'll probably be first in line.

Or even better...an upgrade program to add a remote to my current X10s?

Would an upgrade even be necessary?

Maybe an adaptor.

I'm speculating here but once the headphone cable leaves the tubular control / microphone device it's just a headphone cable... so just sell an adaptor that ends with a headphone jack ... should be very inexpensive given the i and m versions of the S4 and S2 are only $20 and $10 more.

So maybe could sell the adaptors for $30 and $15? Just a thought. a little clumsy by comparison but might not be too bad if included something to manage the extra cable.

Maybe you're working on it? After all your X10i tease didn't say nothing has been announced yet for the X10is or upgrade for current X10s.

Sure, there's already a couple adapters similar to what you described that have been announced already. I'd just rather have it built into the existing cable, rather than deal with an extension cable. Plus an extension doesn't get the microphone in the right place compared to putting it inline with the cable now.

I suspect that the iPhone remote adapters will be a dime a dozen by Xmas. And you are correct that the mic would be to low or just fugly!

It sounded like a better idea last night but I think I forgot that the mic/remote tube hangs from the earphones.... minor details. Yeeh. I'm sure the adaptors will be next to nothing by Christmas. The upgrade idea sounds good for people who already have X10s but that would mean replacing the cable and I'm not sure that's really practical but would be if you'd ever make a replaceable cable model. That be quite a feat with the X10 due to its small size. Probably not as insane with the larger models.

I'm guessing the S4i's are moving well? You should sell a bunch.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, just posted this on your facebook page, but I was wondering when you would be sending inventory over to Amazon. I pre-ordered them the day you announced them (they were on Amazon for pre-order that quickly) but still haven't received an estimated shipping date from them. Anyone else receive theirs from Amazon? Let me know, thanks!

11:40 PM and they're still in stock. Ok. I'm changing my out of stock prediction to 6 PM Sunday to 6 AM Monday.

Ye of little faith...Still in stock! We are trying to keep the web stocked up, but there will be times when we are out of stock. I would guess we won't have many available during Christmas if there truely is a rush. I wish we could predict the economy at the End Of Year. Are we on the upswing as Obama claims we "could be"?