RF-62 - Were they ever made in Cherry?

Rick

I have a chance to pick up a pair if RF-62's in excellent condition for a great price ($300) locally. The lady has them advertised as cherry finish. To my knowledge (and the Reference Series brochure) they only come in black. I do not really need these speakers but I cannot pass up this deal. I will use them as surrounds and either sell my RB-61's or use those as back surrounds. Anyhow, has anyone ever seen or heard of Rf-62's in cherry? I am wondering if they are really Rf-82's instead. That would REALLY be a deal on those for $300!

Youthman,

Thanks but no need for the praise. Just like to help out another brethren. I also see the mention of cherry RS-52's on the Eu. website. I want them badly. I even considered buying TNRabbit's RS-62's at his incredibly low price and holding them and offering them on trade to anyone who has cherry RS-52's. Even swap.

Bill

• Moderators

Thanks but no need for the praise. Just like to help out another brethren.

That's what the forum is all about. I was just going by what I saw on the US site so I was going to tell him that I wasn't aware of the RF-62's in cherry but I would have been wrong. Nice work.

I even considered buying TNRabbit's RS-62's at his incredibly low price

Yeah, I wish I could buy those as well. They would complete my speaker setup. It would be a great deal for anyone wanting to buy the RS-62's.

Good luck Rick. Let us know if you pick them up.

Well I went and got them Friday. I couldn't pass them up for $300. He said he got them at a local Klipsch dealer a year or so. Not sure how they obtained a cherry pair. Anyhow I am extremely pleased with them. They are so pretty I am using them up front and moved my black pair to the rear! My system sounds great with 2 pair of RF-62's and I am happier than a tornado in a trailer park! I feel like this is one of the best audio deals I have gotten. I will have to post pics of them soon.