Inexpensive tweak yields amazing results!

fini

This morning I was listening to an LP (Perry Como: Still Breathing?, Columbia 4-eye w/ large-type liner notes) on my BBX/Pcat/Khorn system, and the sound was uninvolving, dull and lifeless. I had just set up the SME 3009 Series II Improved with Grado Reference Platinum cartridge (thank you, joessportster!) on the KD-500 using the HiFi News Test disc, so I knew my front-end was up to snuff. My VTA was A-OK, VTF and anti-skate checked out at 1.5 grams. I used Caig ProGold on all the wire/interconnect interfaces, changed the diaphragms in my K-77s, even fiddled with bung placement, butt still it sounded like crap.

On the verge of giving up, I changed from the Como disc to Here's Little Richard. Immediately the sound was more lively, punchier and yes, involving. I give this tweak 5 stars!

The character's name, "Tweek", is derived from the term "tweeker", a term used to refer to people who recreationally use crystal methamphetamines,[2] or to people who exhibit a high level of stress or anxiety. Originally, Tweek's surname was spelled as "Tweek", implying that, similarily to Eric Cartman, he was called by his last name. However, in later episodes, his surname was changed to "Tweak", though his father's name tag still reads "Richard Tweak. Most inexpensive tweak I can come up with.

post-37861-13819488268756_thumb.jpg

If I had to guess, I'd say that you may have accidentally doubled up on your meds this am. That would most likely explain why you'd want to spin Perry Como in the first place. Meds aside, you may be right - this isn't the first time I've heard Mr. Como's name and "uninvolving, dull and lifeless" in the same sentence. Also, playing Little Richard and Perry Como in the same session could be too much of a jolt - may cause heart palpitations. Maybe you should go back to Andy Williams or even Engelbert if your blood sugars are in line. If those guys bring on a diabetic seizure, then I'd suggest Bobby Darin - but only the early stuff. Have fun!