Would KG 4.2 be a smart upgrade?

x97lyons

My current set-up is a pair of KG 2's as my fronts a KG 2.2v for a center and a pair of kg 2.2 for rears. I have my eye on a pair of kg 4.2's. My question is would it be a significant upgrade. My KG2's were my first speakers and would move them to the rears. Interested in getting everyones opinions.

I had kg2s and have owned KG 4.5s...similar to the 4.2s with the main difference being a switch from ports on the 4.5s to a passive radiator on the 4.2s (I know the 4.5s came after but following my example...)...I think you will hear a significant jump in bass response...the bookshelf kg 2s are nice...my first Klipsch speakers too but the 4.2s should literally blow them away...hope more pipe up with advice for you...good luck.

Bill

lyons 4.2 s where my first speakers i ever purchased...great speakers....they have the tratrix 90 60 horns with the 10 inch passive radiator for great bass..you will be happy..Although if u were anywhere close to sacramento i have a pair of 5.2 s for sale at a good price