Just picked up some KG 3.5s!

nguyendot

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum but not new to home audio.

I've always wanted a pair of Klipsch speakers and just the other day had the opportunity to purchase some KG 3.5's for extremely cheap.

A lady on craigslist had them listed for $75 and I offered $50. Three days later she emailed me accepting the offer after initially declining. They were from an estate sale they bought out. I got my Polk RT-8's from there too (yes, I'm a Polkie...but I'm also Bostonian and Maggie, and B&W'er).

I didn't know exactly what to expect from them other than they would be efficient, and clear (horns). I was right. I got them and on the way home I got an email from the other set listed on Craigslist for $125, and I also offered $50. Well let's just say an hour later and $100 total poorer for the day I ended up with 2 pairs of KG 3.5's, one black and one walnut. One of the diaphragms was blown in the black pair but it was only $30 from Klipsch direct. (I must say the service thus far is nothing short of amazing... very similar to Polk audio). I hope the diaphragm comes in before the end of the week.

Two days earlier I picked in up a KSW10 for $35 off CL as well, which I'll pair with this quadraphonic setup. I hooked it to my NAD 112 Pre, 214 amp, and Integra CD player. The sound was very clear, the bass warm. RMS on these speakers is only 65 watts, but I can see why. The need almost no power, the music they reproduce is effortless.

I know they're not the highest end speakers in the world, but I can appreciate their build quality, and for the price I paid, I don't know if I could have done better, you guys will have to let me know since I'm not totally familiar with Klipsch pricing. These will probably go in my bedroom as my main system is Paradigm and my 2 channel main is Boston VRM-60s bi-amped. I really do like them.

I hope you guys are just as receptive as other forums, from reading around I believe you are. I'm not very biased on any brands and am willing to try just about anything within budget. The cheaper the better..... I'm a realist not an addict, so I don't buy into every single idea!

Thanks all!

Oklahoma City... everywhere is the sticks. I just have to vigilant in my Craigslist searches!

Most of my gear has come from there. My gf says I'm addicted.....

I have vintage B&W DM2000's I got off CL as well. Very good sounding speakers, but they might go soon.

Excellent scores!! I paid $150 on eBay for my KG 3.5s and was able to drive about an hour and pick them up from the seller. $50 is an incredible deal on them, I think they retailed at $600 when new!

Mine are used as surround speakers and they really get the job done. I listen to a lot of music in multi-channel stereo and also music DVD/Blu-Ray concerts and they work very well.