Heresy 1 Speaker Grills (are they the same dimensions as Heresy 3)

archman99

hi Arch, i just took my heresy 3 grill off and put it on my heresy 1 from 1968 and it fits perfectly. the heresy 3 grill comes with magnets to hold it on where as the 1 uses velcro. you should be able to buy them new from klipsch. check ebay for used grills.

you can also buy new grill cloth and redo your boards yourself. type in bobcrites on ebay he has the original cloth that klipsch uses or contact him thru the forum under BEC.

just checked: ebay has a mint set in california for $50

Budman,

Great info. thanks a bunch. I only have 1 damaged grill. The cloth from BEC seems the way to go. If mine hasn't faded.

thanks again

P.S. I thoght my Heresey 1's were old (1980)

Another thught, since you have Heresey 1's, have you upgraded them to Heresy 3 guts. If you have do you think its worth it?. I still love the sound that mine have.

Upgrading from 1986 or later Heresy IIs, the ones with the square connector cup on the back, is very straightforward, but the original Heresy has a different cabinet design that opens from the back and the speakers mount to the back of the baffle instead of the front, so there'd be some work involved and the result would not be a real Heresy III, unlike the Heresy II-to-Heresy III conversion.

If you really wanted a pair of Heresy III conversions, it wouldn't be that expensive to find a pair of suitable Heresy IIs and do it to them.

Budman,

Another thught, since you have Heresey 1's, have you upgraded them to Heresy 3 guts. If you have do you think its worth it?. I still love the sound that mine have.

my 68's are not even hooked up to an amp , they are just sitting on a shelf looking pretty and i would never do anything to them except to upgrade the networks.