Klipsch Speakers

Vonrebel

Ok...I will bite.

The Reference 7 series Klipsch speakers are the best non-Heritage speakers that are produced today. The Yamaha RX-V3000 is enough to drive them louder than any sane person would want. However if you are insane like myself it has pre-amp outputs that you can hook a larger amp to. I hope this helps.

Enough power? cwm35.gif Picture this: You're crankin' the RF-7's with the volume control at the 4:00 position. An ordinary housefly looking for a morsel of food to liquify has entered your listening area and haphazardly wanders within 30" from the front plane of one of those RF-7's. The fly drops instantly to the floor having had it's inners nearly liquified by the sound pressure levels. cwm32.gif Why do you think more than half of the present RF-7 owner's place a bucket at the foot of these things?? Makes clean-up MUCH easier.cwm40.gif Just HAD to do that!

The RF-7 is the latest top end loudspeaker in a very long line of superb Klipsch speakers.

Buy them but preferably after listening to other top end units - past and present in the Klipsch line. Audition other makes also. Do yourself a favour however - If you find a comparably priced speaker that strikes you as superior - Reaudition the Klipsch's using the same music preferably in a direct A/B comparison. I predict that in most cases listeners will find themselves drawn to the Klipsch speaker.

I am glad you have had the opportunity to consider the Klipsch line. In so many cases people miss the Klipsch experience simply because they have never heard of the line. In many cases when my workmates and I talk about home entertainment they look puzzled when I mention that I have Klipsch speakers .

One guy said: Great!! I bought a set of Klipsch speakers for my computer and they are fantastic! I was hoping they would eventually make some good speakers I could use on my Hi-Fi!

I edgyacaited the dear boy PDQ and he has since gone off the deep end after buying a set of 7's and like me wound up flipping his entire set up within about 6 months - (anybody interested in a totally coordinated RatShack setup complete with 8-track player/recorder?).

Actually I feel a little sorry for the dear lad as having listened to me after I butted,(uninvited),into a conversation he was having with another fellow about hi-fi he has spent nigh unto C$6000.00 and is now asking whether there might be any point in getting a "record player" because he has access to a lot of old LP's and 78's. Damn I wish I had a store!

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

SOUNDJUNKIE

I would acknowledge and apologise for the insult except that I fear if your tongue were pushing any harder against your cheek you could do yourself an injury.

FWIW When I was a whole lot younger and a whole lot broker I had a hi-fi that consisted of a stereo radio and a pair of really cheap metal PA Horns and the turntable portion of a portable record player - (a buddy and I bought it at the Sally Ann for $2.00 I used the TT and He used the amp and speakers to start his own Hi-Fi).

When I look back on being young and poor - I realise it didn't make me a better person,(sorry but Horatio Alger was full of scheize) - It simply gives me something to look back on.

Enough whining!! The Dear Lad mentioned above bought hisself an Oracle turntable with an SME arm and a Benz cartridge. Shows what happens when one introduces these bloody colonials to some semblance of class!!

I expect the blighter will next expect that I rather than he touch his cap when we pass each other on the way to the canteen! Bloody Cheek!

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)