RC-10 ... will it match ?

redux999

Hi guys,

got my eye on a rather cheap second hand RC-10 over here in Belgium .... on eBay.

So ... I wonder if it will be matchable, if the timbre of the speaker will go along with my RF-7's as main and RB-15's as surround-speakers

My AV receiver is a Marantz SR4001 and has the possibility to crank each channel up some dB's in the menu.

I could do that to match the sensitivity of the RC-10 speaker. I did this before with my RB-15's and it works fine.

What I like about the speaker ... it isn't that big ... and I can easily put my Panasonic plasma television on top of it.

What do ya'll think ... should I give it a try [*-)]

So you have RF-7s and you're worrying about how big your center speaker is?? [;)]

The RC-10, being the smallest center speaker in the Reference line, would be a terribly poor match to your RF-7s. Even if you were to level match its output with your RF-7s you will be creating a huge sound bottleneck. There's absolutely no way that the RC-10 will match RF-7s.

I have a similar question. Will it match the B-3 fronts?

edit: I guess I should probably go with the rb-10s. Only reason I wanted to try the B-3s was because they are almost twice as tall, and would be able to reach the center channel height. But I guess these are suppose to be higher quality speakers, so I should probably go with the rb-10s right?