Denon, Harman Kardon, Nakamichi or NAD with Klipsch KG speakers

packbasket

I have tried the HK 730, the NAD 317 and the Denon AVR-3802 with KG 4.2

speakers. I am trying to convince myself that the NAD and HK sound

better...but I keep plugging the Denon back in for another whirl.

Somebody tell me I'm out of my mind! I have not yet tried the NAK

TA-3A.

I've read older posts that certain amps just aren't meant for

horns, for instance Carver amps of the 1980's were not recommended.

Tubes sound good, and modern digital receivers as well...which I need a

clear definition of. Is my Denon AVR-3802 considered a digital

receiver? Is NAD in a category with Carver as possibly being too harsh

for Klipsch speakers? The HK just didn't sound crisp, the NAD was on the brighter side in my listening. I also have a Marantz 1060 in another set up that might work with the KG's. Too many amps, too little time...

I know it's what sounds best to me

ultimately, but these speakers have been around for quite a few years

now and I would like to hear what some forum members have used to drive

them.

Thanks!

I have tried the HK 730, the NAD 317 and the Denon AVR-3802 with KG 4.2 speakers. I am trying to convince myself that the NAD and HK sound better...but I keep plugging the Denon back in for another whirl. Somebody tell me I'm out of my mind! I have not yet tried the NAK TA-3A.

I've read older posts that certain amps just aren't meant for horns, for instance Carver amps of the 1980's were not recommended. Tubes sound good, and modern digital receivers as well...which I need a clear definition of. Is my Denon AVR-3802 considered a digital receiver? Is NAD in a category with Carver as possibly being too harsh for Klipsch speakers? The HK just didn't sound crisp, the NAD was on the brighter side in my listening. I also have a Marantz 1060 in another set up that might work with the KG's. Too many amps, too little time...

I know it's what sounds best to me ultimately, but these speakers have been around for quite a few years now and I would like to hear what some forum members have used to drive them.

Thanks!

packbasket,

My second stereo system ever was a Nakamichi TA-4A with Klipsch Quartets that were all bought new at the same time. My sister now owns that system, and Nakamichi, to me is still the best solid state I have ever heard with my Klipsch. I presently own four Nakamichi PA-7 amplifiers for my system.

Roger