Cooling Issue

gartenman

Does anyone have a recommendation for a cooling system (i.e. mini fans) for my rack system? My preamp and XBox (it does have aftermarket fan) tend to run hot and unfortunately are in a enclosed cabinet. I know it would be best to move them, but spacing issues require their current location. I've seen several systems on the net but hoping someone has a choice thats going to be more budget friendly. VRD's sit on top so they are not a issue. Thanks for any advice.

I've got 4 pro amps and an Anthem D2 in an enclosed rack. I cut 2 round holes in the back of the rack, on top, and mounted 2 of the quietest 80mm PC fans I could find, on the holes. The fans are used to exhaust the warm air inside the cabinet. I found an old 12v converter and plugged it into a switched outlet on the back of my surge protector. When I turn my pre-pro on, a turn on signal is sent to the surge protector, turning the switched outlets on. The fans come on and keep the heat from building up inside. They're inaudible unless you're a foot or two away. I've never had a heat build up issue and the components are barely warm inside the cabinet.