KLIPSCH TECHS I have a Question or 2 about SUB10 Failures.....?

Not Satisfied Customer

it sure would be nice if Klipsch would just Post a do it your self fix for their Customers who have

these problems, One of the Two sub 10's I have I noticed today is not working, I purchased

them Both at Best Buy last Christmas time 2008 and have watched no more more than

12 Movies on them since, they are in a dedicated home theater in my basement and Only Used for movies!

I have a Pioneer Elite® VSX-01TXH 7.1-channel receiver setup and these Subs did work beautifully for the few times

we used them.

I knew before buying them that there were many people having issues with what I assumed was "old stock" Sub 10's and i trusted that KLIPSCH

CORPORATION would be of the Utmost in Integrety and have Resolved these issues!.......Boy was I wrong and extremely Dissapointed!

I spoke with a tech today at Klipsch indianapolis and the fellow was nice, But why after so many Problems with these Sub 10's dont the techs know what the main issue of Fault is in the Unit?...........It is NOT COOL that Klipsch wont just tell customers the known issue!

I could fix my unit if it is just a Cold Solder issue or a replacement of an amp IC, I DONT WISH TO SHIP MY UNIT ALL OVER THE COUNTRY TO RISK CABNET DAMAGE !

Why after all the Customers who have had Sub 10 Failures is their No real answer from KLIPSCH CORP. for us Suckers who are unfortunate enough

to have SUB10 that have Failed on how to fix the problem ourselves without having to Risk Damaging our units by Shipping them out ?

I would rather save myself the agrivation and time of boxing up my Sub10 in it's original Box and driving to the place i purchased for them to ship out to their repair center and RISK THEM SCRATCHING MY CABINET or Stripping the screws out as many of those Flunkys do! ..Especially Best Buy Flunky's!

Tell us the known issues and problems and give us the option to do the work ourselves, YOU "KLIPSCH CORP" KNOW THE MAIN REPAIR ISSUE on these SUB10 UNITS..........Is it Cold Solder ? Is it blown caps? what is it?

I am going to contact the Attorney General here about this whole thing, I would rather KLIPSCH Live up to their Name and make this right and NOT Blame their Vendor in CHINA who built these faulty Amps for the Sub10 !

What about making All of your stuff in AMERICA like KLIPSCH Used to when You Cared about Made in America with Pride?

I am pissed that all of this time has gone by and KLIPSCH is NOT "Really" giving a QUALITY FIX for this issue !

There are enough people who Purchased these units to start a Class Action Suit , I will be contacting my Attorney Jeffrey Figer out of Detroit MI.

I am confused on what you are upset about? You purchased units from an authorized dealer, simply return them to him/her, and let them ship out the units for repair. I fail to see a problem.

However, if they failed to repair the units while under warranty, I could see you getting upset. ( provided you purchased from authorized dealer and provided the original sales receipt, which are requirements for warranty )

Stuff happens, even AV123 have had issues with amplifiers, having to replace units to customers that purchased their MFW-15's. Many customers waited 6 months or more for an amplifier.

There is no way to ensure that a customer can do a repair properly, also divulging any information that could possibly electrocute or otherwise harm an individual that is not intimate with electronic repair is not in their best interest. ( Klipsch )

RE: cold solder joint.... not possible, on an assembly line, components are wave soldered, not hand soldered.

If you are that paranoid about someone wrecking your cabinet or stripping screws, simply remove the amplifiers and take them to a competent local electronics tech and pay. That way, you will avoid stripped screws, shipping, etc.

KLIPSCH Can offer a far BETTER Solution..............

Such as GIVE The Customer The Choice to Remove the Amp section and take it Alone to their "authorized dealer" where they purchased it for Exchange or repair or Send the amp section alone back to KLIPSCH for exchange, WHY should "the Customer" be put out and be required to work so Damn Hard to get this Problem Known for a couple of years by Klipsch Fixed ?..................THE CUSTOMER should be treated Far Better than this,

I purchased as did many,many Others the Klipsch Product expecting Quality and Trouble free operation of these BRAND NEW Products!

So how dare you or anyone else suggest I as The Customer should be ok with being inconvenienced for many weeks of use as My Sub10 is shipped all over the place to be "repaired" and if it gets banged up that I should just "deal with it" as stuff "just happens".........B.S. !

THIS IS NOT GOOD BUSINESS and after reading as many post on the internet "google SUB10 failure" since 2006 this is just Proof KLIPSCH has neglected "Their CUSTOMERS" and inconvenienced US for our money!

I have to Drive 57 miles to the Dealer I purchased from...................inconvenience !

I have to risk the loss or damage to the unit !

I have to be without the use of the Brand New product I purchased from KLIPSCH for up to 6 to 8 weeks !....WHY SO LONG ? ...B.S.

KLIPSCH SHOULD SEND ME A NEW AMP DIRECTLY WITH A CALL TAG FOR OLD AMP !

WHAT KIND OF CRAP ARE YOU TRYING TO SELL ME?

I AM VERY ANGRY THAT I PURCHASED THE SUB10'S AND THIS KNOWN PROBLEM WAS NOT RESOLVED AT THE FACTORY LONG BEFORE MY SUB10'S WERE MANUFACTURED ! LATE 08 AND THIS ISSUE WAS GOING ON SINCE PRODUCTION BEGAN IN 2006?

TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS BETTER KLIPSCH BECAUSE THE INTERNET IS A POWERFUL MEDIA TO BRING TO LIGHT JUST HOW BAD YOU HAVE HANDLED THIS SUB10 ISSUE.

SHOULD I SEND IN MY OTHER SUB10 BEFORE IT GOES OUT?

The Klipsch SUB-10 has been in production for over 4 years. If there was a design fault it would have been known and fixed long ago...do you think Klipsch as a company wants to piss off customers and deal with the cost of repairing the unit? Klipsch has been in business for over 60 years...if they did not know how to treat their customes and stand behind their products they would not be in business any more. As the low end sub in the synergy series, they have sold hundreds of thousands of these at retail chans such as best buy. Even if you could find 1000 people that have had problems, it is probably a failure rate of less then .5%.

Sorry to hear you are having problems, but this class action law-suit crap just makes you sound like a pissed off teenager and will not get you anywhere on the issue. Electronics fail...probably half of them at the fault of the customer. Warrantys have a purpose and they have terms as well. The terms are to safeguard the company, the dealer and the customer. No matter what brand of speaker, sub, electronics you purchase, nobody is going to just send you a new one or tell you how to fix it. What if klipsch told everyone how to fix something and one person forgot to unplug the sub and got a healthy dose of 110 current...their instructions could kill someone. That is why they pay technicians to fix things.

So, you purchased them roughly 9 months ago and have watched 12 movies. That's a little over 1 movie a month. You still have a perfectly good working sub to use. Klipsch has said that they would honor your warranty. Your anger seems dis-proportionate to your inconvenience, but that's just MHO.

• Moderators

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. As stated above, I would recommend getting with Best Buy about your warranty. If they are unable to help, please contact our customer service at 800-554-7724 for a resolution.

We do not put known defective merchandise into the market, and this product has been time-tested for many years.

Again, please contact us directly for resolution. The forum is not the best place to provide specific support because of annonymity. We need more details than can be provided here.

Thank you!