Forte II and Chorus II mid horns vs KLF

pzannucci

are you refering to the horn itself or the driver?

The midrange horn in the KLF's are a 90 x 60 tractrix while the chorus II and forte II are 90 x 40 tractrix.

The drivers themselfs are of the same size physically all being 1.5 in. But are NOT the identical drivers.

The forte II and chorus II are identical as far as the horn and driver go and the KLF 20's and 30's are the same respectively.

Although the Chorus II and Forte II share these drivers the x'over is different, this hold true with the KLF's as well.

Ok, I needed my glasses on [8-|]

I am mainly trying to find out how low the horns in the KLF series can be crossed (not the driver) without having ragged response.

I am tempted to swap out the driver and do some playing though they sound pretty good for stock drivers.

This attached (zipped) excel spreadsheet should prove helpful to you. It has specifications (like freq resp, sensitivity, nominal imped, enclosure type, tweeter, tweeter lens type, HF xover freq, mid, mid lens type, mid lens number, mf xover freq, xover xformer number, mid/hi db drops, mid/hi imped., and woofer) that I have compiled on all the three-way Klipsch speakers. If anyone has any updates or corrections, please let me know.

Klipsch_3ways.zip