Which subwoofer?

niklos0

Hi everyone,

I am searching for a sub. So I will use it almost only for music (I am not whatching many movies).

So what do I have? I have:

A preamplifier Myryad MP100, an amplifier Onkyo integra M-5590, Vecteur L4.2 as a CD player and a pair of Klipsch RF5.

My room is about 215sq ft but I want the sub to be "useable" in a 400sq ft's room (because I will change my appartment soon).

So I want a sub around 1500€ (I am from france).

A was looking at those sub :

SUNFIRE True Subwoofer EQ 12 Signature - TS-EQ12
Triangle Meteor 0.4

Velodyne SPL-1200U

B&W PV1

Klipsch RT-10d

Klipsch RT-12d

SVSound (which one ?)

So have you got any idea of which one is the best. Or maybe another one!

Thanks for answering ! And soory for my poor english.

Hi everyone,

I am searching for a sub. So I will use it almost only for music (I am not whatching many movies).

So what do I have? I have:

A preamplifier Myryad MP100, an amplifier Onkyo integra M-5590, Vecteur L4.2 as a CD player and a pair of Klipsch RF5.

My room is about 215sq ft but I want the sub to be "useable" in a 400sq ft's room (because I will change my appartment soon).

So I want a sub around 1500€ (I am from france).

I would recommend two subwoofers. Two subs will give you more maximum output and lower distortion at normal levels. I was very favorably impressed by a Klipsch RSW-15, several years ago.

I am well pleased with my VMPS Larger Subwoofers. One of them will have enough output and has very low distortion. You will need a separate power amp.

My brother built one of these, but you can buy one as a kit. 15" Titanic MKIII Subwoofer You can easily afford a pair, but my brother's single sounds very nice with his La Scalas. I have no idea what it will cost to ship one to France.

Earthquake subs are outstanding, as well. They will play really low frequencies. Get the 15". Supernova MKV

Thanks for those 2 ideas of sub! they looks great. I need to see how much it cost to send it to france and how much costs the adaptator.
But I feel more and more like I am going to build one myself...
Thanks for all people!

This Sub amp is switchable from 110/60 Hz to 220/50 hz (no adapter?). There must be plate amps like the one in the sub woofer kit available in France, also.

Braced 19mm baltic birch will make very good cabinets.

Solen Sub Kits Maybe these are available in France? I have many Solen capacitors, all marked "Made in France", so I thought that was their home country.

We don t have 15" klich sub in france :(. And i ve been searching for a kit sub but so far i havent find any. Thanks y all! I ll keep searching

Don't know what the shipping would get into but here's a link to e-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-RSW-15-Cherry-Subwoofer_W0QQitemZ110441186837QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSpeakers_Subwoofers?hash=item19b6cec615&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14