Help with speakers!

Jonathan1982

Okay this is my situation. I have a Dolby Pro Logic mini system mad by sony with 240 watts. It is Digital ready and I own the DD-5.1. I get decent sound now. I also bought a KLH 120 watt sub. I'd like to know about upgrading my sound. Can I buy like a new center speaker that is 120 watts or is that a waste because my system on shoots out i think 60 for that channel. Maybe less, i don't know. Someone help. Please. I want decent sound and i'm only a teenager and cant afford anything spectacular. Thanks

There are many others who could probably advise you better; however (Not knowing your budget?) I would suggest (If your looking for Klipsch) you look at Ubid.com or Ebay and try and get some of the bargain deals on the Senergy line i.e. KSB 1.1s or 2.1 or maybe, if you can find 3.1. I have also seen A KSC Ci forthe center. You can probably use the 1.1 for the surrounds also. I have seen them for approx. $39.00 on Ubid.com.

I hope this helps ya.

I assume your Sony mini system has it's own sony speakers. When purchasing a centre channel keep in mind you want a good tonal match. Ideally it will be identical to your mains. I don't know why so many people are hung up on the rated watts of speakers. It has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with quality or quantity of the sound. Just get a centre that's a good match for your mains.

Regards,

Stu

f>

------------------

'81 Cornwall 1 mains B2 Crossover

'73 Heresy Centre

'78 Heresy Surrounds

Paradigm PW220 Sub Subwoofer (18 hz)

Marantz SR8000 AV Receiver

Hitachi 53" RPTV 53SBX59B

Stu Pidass is right! Power has nothing to do with it really. In the world of mini systems, (Im experienced with that lol) Power ratings mean nothing, nothing at ALL. You can't take a system over another system because of the numbers on the box.

My sony has rated 160 W output. Yet, it is louder then any other ministstem I have heard, ever.

------------------

I think it would be a good idea for you to get a center speaker. KLIPSCH. With the more effeciency, it will help equal out the unbalanced power output across the front soundstage.

------------------

Matthew

Klipsch Rocks

Oh NO not mini system power ratings cwm5.gif

If you can at all just change the speakers,get some Synergy SB-2,SC-1 and some synergy sourrounds.Later round the system with a KSW12 sub.

Dump the original speakers

You will start hearing more detail,and much better overall sound quality.

With Klipsch all you need is a few watts to reach high SPL.

TheEAR(s) Now theears