Welborne Laurel IIX Mono Blocks

Well, I have to add that others have received their units right on time and have GREAT service. My buddy JackG who some might remember from the SET Asylum got a ton of Wright gear and loved it. Always great service. HE even custom ordered a Wright Sound 10 amp employing the very rare Type 10 output tube. IT is a sublime and beautiful tube in NOS form but hard to find. VERY low watts as well. He loved his Wrights.

I was just saying that if there ARE problems, this might be the cause. He does need to hire some help. But these pieces are HAND WIRED and made one by one, not on any assembly line. Youre not dealing with Audio Research or Conrad Johnson here. It's a Mom and Pop run organization by a guy that loves audio and music.

kh

Mobile,

That a very interesting tid bit about business being part time. Had I know that, would have asked about lead times. After having talked to him, I'm very confident that they would solve and issues. I've traded some emails last week with the AudioGon seller of that SLP-98P, just clarifying the actual internal parts of his unit. Did not offer, as I don't know what that version used is going for. I'm finding that too much information also hinders the selection process. Wish I could actually hear some of these at home.

Craig,

Considering the demand for their gear, that first job must pay some BIG Time Dollar$.

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 03-07-2002 at 08:28 PM

Here are a couple of pictures of the Laurel IIX Amps. The two tubes laying off to the left are the additional Rectifiers, Mullard GZ33's. They are 5' from tip to base. Installed tubes are TJ 300B Mesh Plates, Philips JAN 6SL7WGT's, GE 6AC7's & NOS Mullard GZ37 Rectifiers. Photo of interior wiring to blurred to post. Too lazy to unbutton again and re-shoot. They are near 30lbs each!

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

LaruelIIX.JPG

Laurel_IIX.JPG

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 03-22-2002 at 09:40 PM

Beautiful examples. Really nice condition as most of the new WL gear has been here. The people with these amplifiers take care of their equipment like no other.

Invest in some tubes for different presentations. Look into a pair of Svetlana 300B or some of the "on sale" Western Electric for diff perspective. Ditto with the driver tubes. You came out great with your rectifier selection.

kh