Got my new RF=3s?????

John0392

Now, just to make sure I have bi-wired correctly:

I run the leads from the receiver to the top binding posts +/-. The I run a very short lead connecting - to - and + to +. I'm not running two seperate lines from the speaker all the way to the receiver.

I am going home now and trying to figure something out and I will report tomorrow. I will be checking my emails in case any other ideas are given

Thanks to you all - God Bless

Keep your head up!!!

Well, I got the RF-3II's this past X-mas. I thought the same thing "where's the Beef" turning the volume half to max. But, after about four days or so, I noticed that when powering up my system that I could barely turn the voulume one notch before it was loud & Clear. It sounds like your wires are correct. Just give it two three more days tops and you'll start to hear changes in loudness and clearity. If not then you got a Bum set of speakers Bro. As for the Bass, I think that is Source Material dependent. Meaning if after the breakin\burnin process is over try Some of the Latest Very well Recorded Rock, Pop, Jazz Should get you some Bass. If Your into alot of the older stuff then forget about it, no bass in alot of that older rock etc.. And if your into Rap Or Hip-hop Try the latest cd from Busta Ryhmes "Genisis". That Cd Had my 15x15' living room sounding like a Night club, just full of some deep Bass.

All that was before I got my used Rotel RB 976 Bridged at 3x150w for the front three speakers in my set-up. But, that's another story, we'll just say that i noticed some improvements in overall proformance.

Hope this helps ease the pain alittle,

Jalen01

------------------

Pioneer 906s A\V Rec.

Awia (mp3 model) dvd

Klipsch RF-3II Fronts

Klipsch RC-3II Center

JBL N-26 Rears

Looking for a Cheap Good 2-channel amp for tunes..

John0392

If you had a quintet system and thought it sounded good compaired to the Rf-3II's, you either have something hooked up wrong, or you just done know $hit about ht. I had a pair of quintets for rear surrounds and they SUCK.

------------------

Home Theater:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

Kenwood KSV64 Bipolar Speakers

Klipsch Subwoofer KSW-12

Television: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

DVD Player SONY S-360

CD Changer CDC 585 5 Disc Yamaha

Harman Kardon TC-1000

monster cable interconnects/12 gauge speaker wire

Well new day. First I would like to say that Mr. Klipsch-Daddy is VERY Rude. Everyone else has been extremely helpful

I am very embarrassed. No one is suppose to touch my receiver sets and after tweeking, checking etc - I was using the balance conrol on the receiver to isolate front left/right etc and what do I behold. Someone, no one claims they did it so it must have been my dog Sheba, set the bass control to 9AM and the trebel control to 3PM. Turned them back to flat and wholla!!

They sound excellent. Now concentrating on the Rears and I am posting another question on new post.

Again that you all (except Klipsch-Daddy) for you assistance. I must add that most of us out hear are novices to HT and are thankful to most of you for your patience with us. We are not all HT geeks like Mr. Daddy and we are thankful to the vast majority who are willing to answer naive and redundent questions.

Whew! I am glad that's over.

At least it wasn't as bad as the lady in the VW bug that pulled in the dealer's service area (about 1956 or so) complaining about the lack of gas mileage. Apparently, she had been bringing it back over and over with the same complaint. The frustrated service writer (I was next in line) got in the car... and suddenly asked why one knob was pulled all the way out. She replied, "I don't know what it's for but it's perfect to hold my purse while I'm driving." It was, of course, the manual choke.cwm24.gif

So take heart, John, at least you are now presumed innocent until that smart dog proves you otherwise. -HornEd

John0392

Got into this thread late but started from your first post. I'm always interested in how others like or dislike ther Klipsch RF speakers. Kinda freaky for a while because I've had nothing but pleasure from my RF3 II's since I received them last December. And now that your problem has been solved the sound will only get better. For starters, get yourself some good biwire speaker cable, (I built my cables) and break them in good with a test CD. I would put the CD in on repeat any time I was leaving the house. The break in helps the speakers as well as the new cables. Next play around with the toe in of your new RF's. 30 to 40 degrees has helped the very directional horns spread around my listening area. If you are using the floor spikes, you can tilt the speaker up a little by adjusting the front spikes out and rear spikes in. This has improved the depth of the soundstage. I guess by now you have realised there is plenty of base down to about 40hz. Below that you run out quickly.

I work in the railraod locomotive industry and have discovered that solutions to the problem are normally a lot more simple than we realize. Always go to the most fundamental aspects of the problem first then work your way to the more complicated issues. You'll solve things a lot easier and faster.

Turn up the BASSSSSSS..

Enjoy,

------------------

A/VR- Yamaha 870

RF-3II

RC-3II

RS-3II

KSW12

DVD Panasonic RP-56

Pioneer 5 Disc CD

Echostar Digital Sat

Hitachi Ultravision 50"

John0392

I am not rude, its just that a average person would check the bass controls before he asks a question like the one you did. Don't get me wrong there is NO wrong question. Just try to be alittle more carfull next time.

cwm12.gif

------------------

Home Theater:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch Subwoofer KSW-12

DVD Player SONY S-360

Harman Kardon TC-1000

I am terribly sorry, I have had to live with the fact that, unlike some, I am not terribly bright and besides having this system for (2) years and no one has ever changed the setting in the past - well I just didn't think to check - but as I inferred your the genius and I not!

I might add that IMO you are displaying a disservice to this forum with you negative attitude to those less gifted than you. IMO

john,

"We are not all HT geeks like Mr. Daddy "

I never said I was. And I was just tring to make up for my prevoius post when I posted "a average person would check the bass controls before he asks a question like the one you did. Don't get me wrong there is NO wrong question. Just try to be alittle more carfull next time." But oh well obviously you can't take a joke. So this thread needs to be closed because it is not going anywhere. You solved your own problem. GOOD JOB!

cwm41.gif

------------------

Home Theater:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch Subwoofer KSW-12

DVD Player SONY S-360

Harman Kardon TC-1000