Are the KLF-20 Towers magentically shielded?

SuBXeRo

If the woofer magnets are more than a foot away from the CRT TV, you should have nothing to worry about. I've got a 35" JVC and had a Heresy II and then III in a horizontal orientation in the cabinet under the TV. I got less than half an inch of colour fringing at the very bottom of the screen, which I was able to practically eliminate by careful positioning of the speaker, that is, by moving it back and forth in half-inch increments until the colour fringing was minimized.

Now I have the TV sitting directly on a Belle speaker and there are no issues at all.

If you have a centre channel speaker sitting on top of a CRT TV, then it needs to be magnetically shielded, but if the speaker is further away than that, there should be no problem.

I have an older Sony Wega 32" TV (huge and heavy). It is housed inside a large cabinet. The KLF-20's sit beside the cabinet and the C7 is atop the TV inside the cabinet. This configuration has been this way for at least a year. No issues at my house. I actually have pictures of it on this site somewhere.

KLF-20's are truly "legendary" speakers.

Mine sit adjacent to the cabinet. With spacing inside the cabinet, the TV is probably 6" from the speaker cabinet, and likey right at a foot from the magnets themselves. The only trouble I have had with color is when I try to watch the free movies from Comcast channel 1. I always attributed the problem to comcast. I have zero color issues with either normal TV veiwing or DVD's. I enjoy the Sony Wega so much that to me, this HD craze is not worth the difference in costs. My picture quality is superb and the Klispch Legend sound is the cream on top.