JBL tent sale

I purchased a pair of JBL Model 2245H last fall just after the tent sale started. The online ordering was different because there was no order number or email order/shipping confirmation that I remember.

10 days later, the gear shows up delivered to my door. The speakers were new, unused, and came with 5-year transferrable warranties. No complaints.

------------------

John Packard

I bought a pair of 2427 compression drivers and a pair of 4648 bassbins, no problems. My friends have bought lots of this stuff too; 2427s, 4648s, 2245s, 3115s ( a gorgeous sounding theater speaker with a 2226 15 in a vented box, from 300hz to 1600hz an 8" cone with a huge phase-plug acting as a compression driver on a BIG CD horn and a 2225 above 1600hz) and 3677s ( a small theater speaker with a 15 and horn, sold without crossovers). One of my buddys is using a pair of 4648s with his KLF-20s, they made his 15" Klipsch subwoofer sound like a Bose. The only problem is one of my pals bought 4 3677s and 2 were damaged in shipping. It took a few phone calls while JBL and the shipping company fought over responsibility, then JBL took them back and sent him 2 more 3677s WITH crossovers as the original tentsale 3677s were all sold. All the stuff sold is new and with 5 year warranties.

I had the same general experience as Tom and Jonny. It is a little wierd (no order conformation) and they take GREAT care of you. Unlike most companies, you need to pick up the phone and TALK to them to get issues resolved, it is better and faster than e-mail. They don't play games with you, so you don't need to worry about fast-talking or whatever.

JBL Pro (and just JBL) are FANTASTIC companies and they take care of you. They have, in various forms, been around longer than Klipsch (Altec/Lansing started in the 20's-30's if i'm not mistaken) and have one of the best reputations in the industry.

My audio dream (BMW 760Li 1st) is to call the JBL custom shop and get my dream speaker system:

2-dual 18" subs.

2-15" woofer, 4" horn mid, 2" horn tweeter

With Crown amps, ~$10,000

sounds ok.

Over the last couple of weeks I've gone on a shopping spree, ordered a pair of Community M200 Compression drivers, a pair of matching Community horns, a "used" McIntosh MA6500, network caps, chokes, pads to build a

"high-end" pair of AA-networks with mods recommended by djk, AND NOW some JBL drivers from the tent sale.

(note that I am married)

quote:

Originally posted by John Warren:

(note that I am married)

We will see how much longer that will last after this shopping spree Smile.gif j/k

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Tech Support

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

JW,

Your bride must be wonderfully tolerant of your audio expenditures. perhaps she has her own arcane vices?

Ah, now your requests for frequency vs. impedance data makes sense. You're tinkering with the A-A! I was thinking of doing the same. Spring must be coming.

Will you share your A-A final design/mod here? What brand of network caps did you decide on?

------------------

John Packard

John-djk got me turned on to trying the Community M200 compression drivers on the Klispchorn. The network needs a few tweeks to change the output of the mid and tweeter xovr. I am using a pair of AA networks on these that I made a few years ago using decent components. Regarding caps, regular Solen polypropylene (nothing too fancy). I'll post some pictures of the whole thing when completed.

If anyone's having difficulty with a JBL Pro order this week, their web ordering/email is down. I found out when my order for 2 of the 4638 bass cabinets did not go through on my CC, so I called JBL. They think that the orders are cached in the server, they will have a web update about this on thier website soon. If you have placed a recent order, and have had a similar problem, do not attempt to place it again (you may end up getting both filled).

JBL told me to watch the website for updates. BTW, they did say that they had 290+ of the 4638 cabinets - (so I should get the order filled).

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!