Putting banana connector on the RC35

DanielR

Hello everyone ! :)

I have a little question about the RC 35.

I love to use banana connectors for the wire, and with the RC35, I can't do the same. It's a part of plastic that fill the connector.
Can I remove with a knife the part of plastic to put a banana ?

Regards,
Daniel.

If you've never had styrofoam balls in your banana holes, you've not lived!!! Stick out tongue LOLOL!!!!

I did "win" a Promedia 2.1 on eBay a while back ... that arrived with the smell of burnt voice coils in the satellites due to nasty hum from the subwoofer, that had styrofoam peanuts in the subwoofer. But I've not seen styrofoam balls in banana jacks.

The banana holes are plugged to conform to a Eurpean regulation. Their a.c. mains plugs are essentially the same as a banana plug. So the regulators don't want people confusing the two. There is some hazy logic exercised in that the worst you could do is plug a toaster into your speakers.

I suppose it is the feed end which was the issue. A banana male which is intended to go into an amp could - - - somehow - - - be plugged into the wall socket.

Wm McD

The banana holes are plugged to conform to a Eurpean regulation. Their a.c. mains plugs are essentially the same as a banana plug. So the regulators don't want people confusing the two. There is some hazy logic exercised in that the worst you could do is plug a toaster into your speakers.

I suppose it is the feed end which was the issue. A banana male which is intended to go into an amp could - - - somehow - - - be plugged into the wall socket.

Wm McD

Thanks for you explaination, William !