Going to build my HT 7.1 System HELP!!

niketurk

Im a newbie

24x28 theater room/ detatched garage going to have a 7.1 system (Cannot get floor speakers only Bookshelf)

Would this be ok? will they all response together or timbre together?

2 RB-61 Bookshelf Speakers

RC-62 Center?? Id rather have the 62 then the 52 center unless it wont respond together good, I will get the 52

2 RS-42 Surrounds (sides or back?)

2 RB-51 Bookshelf Speakers (sides or back?) RW-10d Subwoofer or their 12" Sub

Will Klpsch Speakers sound good with bands like Metallica? With their High Frequ treble...been looking between Polk and Klipsch, can anyone tell me why I shouldnt get Polk??>>

Sorry for all questions but id rather ask them all in one email then scattered all over the place on the forum

THANKS!! this has been bothering me for days

John from Nebraska

Welcome to the forum.

All your speakers will be timbre matched. One thing I would change would be your mains. With a room of that size, I think you would be happier with the RB-81's instead of the 61's if you can afford them. Again with such a large room, a bigger sub would be advised.

Klipsch speakers sound great with most rock music with Metallica being a fine example.

Bill

Hi John and welcome to the forums!

The system you're suggesting sounds nice, although its going to be in a pretty large room. You might consider the RB-81s for fronts and RB-61s for rears along with the other speakers you've listed. Don't skimp on the sub, either.

Klipsch designs their speakers to provide a very dynamic, 'live' sound. They are some of the most efficient speakers available too, resulting in higher output with fewer watts needed from an amplifier/receiver.

• Moderators

Hi John, welcome to the forums. Those bookshelf speakers are good but you have a HUGE room to fill. I personally don't see how the RW-10d or even the RW-12d is going to provide enough umph for that size room.

To me, I prefer the horn tweeter as opposed to the soft dome that I had with my previous Polk RT800 mains, CS300 center and FX500 rears. When I first replaced them with a pair of Klipsch CF-2's, I knew I made the right decision to switch to Klipsch. They offered what my Polks were missing...the crisp highs.

Just curious, why can't you use floorstanding in a garage that large?

thanks for all the replys!!!

I want to stick with bookshelft for garage reasons and stuff and its in my head of what I want it to look like..lol

I understand that the 61's are not as good as the 81's but I forgot to mention the actual theater size is 28x14 and the speakers will be almost exactly 14 feet apart from each other. Insulating right now the cieling going with R-38 for help noise from neighbors..

Im not after building the loudest system (wish I could..neighbors) just want it to sound AUSSUM!! but loudish and clear

Bought a Onkyo TX-Sr806 to do the job and its I think only 130 watts per channel and thats why was leaning towards the klipsch 61 and got confused cause the RC-62 has same size of subwoofers...would that offset any bass? should I go for 2 small 10" subs or 1 12"

Thanks...john

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys!!! Went with the RB81s in front rc-62 center, and rb-51's for rear maybe, and rs42's or rs52's for rear or for side?? those are what im waiting to order cant decide where to place them...my sub is my only last thing I have to buy after that.....some of its on its on its way!! cant wait