OT: Blessings this Thanksgiving

Daddy Dee

A thought for contemplation this week:

Is there a nation, in the history of the world, that has been more blessed than the US? Probably not. Possibly debatable, but the US would be on anyone's short list, for those that would want to quibble.

Question for contemplation: As a nation, or as an individual, is our gratitude proportional to our blessings?

It's a serious question.

If our blessings have outrun our gratitude, then we have some work to do in he way of an attitude adjustment.

My suspicion is the failure to have an appropriate attitude of gratitude is a spirit killing combination which leads to bitterness, discouragement and arrogance.

There is some substantial inentionality in Thanksgiving. That's not a mind game.

Now for the important stuff: What's for dinner and who's watching football!![:P]

There is not a day that goes by that i am not thankful for all the blessings and freedoms that i have.My step-father fought for this country in WWII and my son continues the tradition in the first batallion ninth Marines.I think sometimes we become obessed with our posssesions.The possibilty that I may lose my sister at the same age as my mother (53) has given me months to think about how fortunate I am to have lived these 46 years and that my children and granddauhter are healthy.