Just when I think I'm out, they drag me back in. CP-1's

kuisis

Not totally out though. I recently sold my Birch cornwalls and was trying get rid of usused things. Well things don't always work out that way and I purchased a pair of CP-1's locally for 200 bucks. I couldn't pass up the deal. Does anyone have any experience with these things, are they comparable to my recently sold cornwalls? I will post pics tomorrow, but I just got home and am a bit tired. They are in Pretty good condition, having been stored for 15 years. Any info on drivers and the like would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Not sure what a CP-1 is but if you mean CF-1 then....totally different sound and setup than a Cornwall. Two way versus three way. D'appolitto design versus traditional tweeter/midrange/woofer top/middle/bottom.

They both say Klipsch on them and that's about all the similarities between them. [:)]

I've never heard the CF series before but many will say they're some of the most musical and smoothest responding speakers that Klipsch made.

I'll try to dig up the nice graphic sheet on them but for now this is all I have handy:

Called the "Industrial Cornwall" with 2 round ports, made of "void free plywood", 38 to 20k freq resp, 100 db sensitive,200 watts RMS Max Input,

123 db Max Output, 8 Ohms Nom Imp, 5.4 Ohms @ 150 Hz Min Imp, k-75-k 1" poly Tweet, HF horn exponentail...

There were mods over the years, the K-44 woof was replaced by the K-43 on later units etc.

I will dig up the slick sheet if no one else does (please someone with a better file do that...)

N

Thanks Noah. I appreciate the info. I couldn't find much on them. I'll have to take one apart to see which woofers are in them. They look like a big brother to my Industrial Herseies, same ports and everything. A little cleaning and these will be almost new, the only damage is the plastic around the speaker hookup, one is cracked.

Tom