K-Horn Finish Codes?

WopOnTour

Does anyone know what a finish code "RC" means??

I believe the "R" is for rosewood , but these dont look like rosewood to me, more like walnut.

Originally thought that the stamping was "RO" but after looking at both speakers more closely they definately say "RC"

I cant find that code ANYWHERE on ANY database for Klipsch finishes

Just an error maybe? Couldnt find the "O" so used a "C"?

Thanks for any help

Regards

WopOnTour

BTW> I believe them to be 1980 models- serial numbers 16U793 and 794

post-19879-1381951371287_thumb.jpg

I realize that of course, but in this case those are not what's stamped into the bass bin and tailboard

The only other stamped ID numbers (besides USA) are BB11 and BB22 inside each of the top-hats

[:^)]

I suppose it might be rosewood, as I'm certainly no expert on woodgrains, I'll take some photos maybe...

WOT

EDIT: Here's a photo, is this rosewood?

post-19879-13819513721084_thumb.jpg

the RC has nothing to do with the veneer or the finish. they never stamp the veneer type into the wood. its written on the label. on my 86 k-horns a piece of paper with all the veneer types was stapled to the speaker with a check mark next to the type of the veneer used on them. on cornwalls the guys and gals that work on them stamp their first initial of their first name into the wood. R might mean the main builder and the C was his or her helper or finisher

they are walnut