Samsung 750 series DLP problem

archman99

I have the 67" Samsung DLP with LED light engine. I have no picture, but I do get audio. The 3 lights on the front of the TV blink in unison. The manual says that it is a LED light fault. I have contacted waranty service, but they won't be here for a week. Does any one have any thought on a home quick fix... ie reset..... I have unplugged the unit for 8 hours, and disconnected BR player,sat-dvr etc.. Still same problem

When I bought this tv I was told that the LED light engine would last 8 to 10 years, unlike older bulb rear projection tvs.

Arch

I have had an HLN61 for about 4 or 5 years now and have changed the bulb twice. I don't know if this is similar to the "light engine" or your model. On mine it is a plastic slider with a handle and bulb that with acouple of screws is real easy to replace. If I remember it was about $60 delivered. I have also had to replace the color wheel once and that was also very straight forward and cost about $100.

I like the design of the Samsung DLP's and the ability to repair yourself. I think the quality of these specific parts may vary and be sourced from different manufacturers. Maybe the best will last 10 years but that may be a bit overstated.

Hope this helps.

Oy Vey! I have the 61" model. And I bought mine as a close out display model (great price though). I also bought a 5 year extended warranty for $165.

We got handed Thanksgiving Day duty with little more than a week notice. And you know how that goes ~ I hope nothing goes wrong with the TV or sound system (especially when you've clearly got the best stuff in the family). And wouldn't you know it ~ the damn picture went out two days before T-day. Luckily it turned out to be a loose component video cable.

Let us know what happened. The newest LED light engines had a life expectancy of around 60,000 hours. The earlier ones about 20,000.

And artarama, no, the LED light engine is an entirely different beast. There are three color LED, some even had 6 different colors. There is no cooling fan required, nor a color wheel, uses much less power, no heat, quieter operation. And the picture is absolutely beautiful. I'll put it up against any plasma. The new flat panel LED sets are even better, although I haven't seen them as large yet, and the cost is way up there for the largest ones (55inch?)

Boy thats cold, hit a man when he is down.....

You have to or else it isn't any fun... [:P]

ND will rise again

I have no doubt that they will, with the new head coach this just might me that push that they really need to get back to that old form.

Did you have an new information about your TV problems?

James

Service guy just left. He tried to replace every board in the tv except one. (the one he didn't have on the truck, and that was the bad one.) He was getting a low output on one of the connectors.

The LED's were ok, the power sources were ok. He had to order a board(not sure which one).

I asked him what TVs he works on the most. Of course he said rear projections. He said there have been many problems with the 750 series dlp.

I will be buying an extended service plan...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The next was plasma for problems. He said he rarely has problems with LCD'S

SO NOW I WAIT AGAIN...... Watching my 32"

FYI - I just got a price for an extended waranty through Samsung......

Get ready..........

$645.00 for 3 more years.

Ouch. thats a 1/3 the price of the TV.

Tell you what, I will probably never buy a Samsung product again. I had a Samsung BR player that went bad too.

Don't do it! That's way too much. I paid $165 for 5 years with DTVexpress.com The warranty cost is based on how much you paid for the TV. In my case, I was buying a store display model so I only paid $1039 for my HLT6187.

http://www.dtvexpress.com/index.html

• 2 weeks later...