RW-12d fuse blowing - plz help

Homecrunch

i was called monday this week and told that my sub was repaired and ready to go. picked it up tuesday and tested everything out. everything looks / sounds as is it should.

there was no fee since the unit was still under warranty.

2 1/2 months without the sub though is a bit ridiculous...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you should be ok. My sub has a separate amp and rear panel (amp is on the bottom), where yours, i believe, has everything integrated into the same plate. I didn't use the replacement cord or display provided and everything seems to be ok. The only reason I would suggest strongarming for the display/cable would be in case you have issues with those items in the future ..it's nice to have readily available spares.

I was out of warranty and worked directly with klipsch, so I'm not sure how/if the scenario changes when working with a dealer under warranty repair.

[H]

hi i dont know were u got #s form but thats not on my rw12d ok those not the mosfetts u wanna be buying the real ones are these

irf-740 x2 of these

irf540nx1 socket q200 this one thats not usally labeld on board rest u can see what they are

u1620x1

u1520x1

these are all mosfetts conect to heat sink must clip 1st then unsolder with flux suck it up speaicl way doing this also dont over heat these

those are mosfets for rw12d also i noticed that blue resiter close by were u plugs in at blue wraped restroer coil thingie looks like 200k whats restince is that will die also and i see burn mark on it was to close up againt that yellow power thingy so bend it away so dont touch that

buy all thes eon ebay cheap look them up butthat resiter thingy thast blue im not sure whatthat is yet what its replacement would be but seem sto me erther one these 2 isseses u will be bad mosfetts or that blue reistor thats holds 200 k ohm thats will go bad well sthat my info hope helps pp solve this issue i still sent mine in cuse its pain in *** to do all that buttotaly doable just hav eto wait for parts form china were they ship from spend alot money on this amp i run ours at -10 still blew after one week setting also on a monster hd700 power strip so hope dont do this again when i get it back for long *** time hope ther revised what bad parts were and beefed it all up by now if they smart i have older mtx 100 w i beat hell out of farted out in all lol still works so come on klisphe want pp spend hi end 800 bucks 550 on ebay for this sub then build like usa would not china desihn beef up parts so light tooo u would think it be heavery to push 340 watts will see i say beef it up restors and any part that fails in return quilty inspections i would do and upgrade bad parts that come back on these bad boards then u be rockin thx nick drummernick

[H]

hi i dont know were u got #s form but thats not on my rw12d ok those not the mosfetts u wanna be buying the real ones are these

irf-740 x2 of these

irf540nx1 socket q200 this one thats not usally labeld on board rest u can see what they are

u1620x1

u1520x1

these are all mosfetts conect to heat sink must clip 1st then unsolder with flux suck it up speaicl way doing this also dont over heat these

those are mosfets for rw12d also i noticed that blue resiter close by were u plugs in at blue wraped restroer coil thingie looks like 200k whats restince is that will die also and i see burn mark on it was to close up againt that yellow power thingy so bend it away so dont touch that

buy all thes eon ebay cheap look them up butthat resiter thingy thast blue im not sure whatthat is yet what its replacement would be but seem sto me erther one these 2 isseses u will be bad mosfetts or that blue reistor thats holds 200 k ohm thats will go bad well sthat my info hope helps pp solve this issue i still sent mine in cuse its pain in *** to do all that buttotaly doable just hav eto wait for parts form china were they ship from spend alot money on this amp i run ours at -10 still blew after one week setting also on a monster hd700 power strip so hope dont do this again when i get it back for long *** time hope ther revised what bad parts were and beefed it all up by now if they smart i have older mtx 100 w i beat hell out of farted out in all lol still works so come on klisphe want pp spend hi end 800 bucks 550 on ebay for this sub then build like usa would not china desihn beef up parts so light tooo u would think it be heavery to push 340 watts will see i say beef it up restors and any part that fails in return quilty inspections i would do and upgrade bad parts that come back on these bad boards then u be rockin thx nick drummernick

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Where do you get the transistors? Do you have to unsolder old ones and solder new ones in?

i would highliy recommend you contact klipsch, spend the ~$200 and just get an entirely new amp replacement.

FYI, Klipsch no longer carries the part you are referring to. Below is an email thread I've had with customer support today:

Doug,

When a product is no longer in production
and is beyond the warranty period…the repair path is the most cost
efficient and best method for getting your product functioning again. IF
replacement amps with in stock and in large supply…as in if we still
manufactured this product model…then yes, we often offer replacement
parts for product models.

I believe Sybesma can now offer a flat
rate of $120 * for repair of the RW-12d amp for you. I will verify this with
them. The quicker they receive the amp for repair, the quicker you can get your
subwoofer going again.

* this amount is different from the below
pricing information and you can verify the cost and turn-around time direct
with Sybesma. 800-456-4265

When replying to this email, please include the original
message and all replies. Thank you.

Steve Bailey - Product
Support

Phone: 800-554-7724 | Fax: 317-860-9195

----------------------------------------------------------------

Klipsch Group, Inc. Klipsch |
Jamo | Mirage |
Energy

3502 Woodview Trace, Indianapolis, IN 46268

[mailto:reppend@comcast.net]

Sent: Friday, November 19, 2010
3:53 PM

To: Technical support

Subject: RE: RW-12D subwoofer
blowing fuses / no power

I don't understand. Does Klipsch no
longer offer replacement parts to their customers?

Bailey [mailto:Steve.Bailey@klipsch.com] On
Behalf Of
Technical support

Sent: Friday, November 19, 2010
2:42 PM

To: Doug Reppen

Subject: RE: RW-12D subwoofer
blowing fuses / no power

Doug,

Sorry, below is currently
the service path available.

When
replying to this email, please include the original message and all replies.
Thank you.

Steve Bailey - Product
Support

Phone: 800-554-7724
| Fax: 317-860-9195

Klipsch
Group, Inc.
Klipsch |
Jamo |
Mirage |
Energy

3502 Woodview Trace, Indianapolis,
IN

Sent:
Friday, November 19, 2010 3:28 PM

To:
Technical support

Subject:
RE: RW-12D subwoofer blowing fuses / no power

I've replaced the
fuse with the recommended slo-blo part with the same results. Do you know
if there are any new or factory recertified amps that I could purchase from
Klipsch to replace the defective amp?

Thanks for your help!

[mailto:Steve.Bailey@klipsch.com] On Behalf Of Technical
support

Sent:
Friday, November 19, 2010 8:07 AM

To:
Doug Reppen

Subject:
RE: RW-12D subwoofer blowing fuses / no power

Sorry to learn of the
issues with your RT-12d subwoofer.

Have you replaced the
fuse? If so, were you using a "SLO BLO" type fuse?

If you may have been
using a fast acting fuse, these will blow

immediately. If you have
a Radio Shack near you, their part number for

the appropriate slow blow
fuse is: 270-1068.

If it blows the slow blo
fuse, then the amplifier portion would need

to be serviced and you
will want to contact our national electronics

repair center Sybesma's
Electronics for amp repairs. They provide this

service for a $240.00
flat fee (not including shipping). I have

provided Sybesma's
contact information below. Please let us know if

you have any further
questions.

Sybesma's Electronics

581 Ottawa Ave STE 100

Holland,
MI 49423

1-800-456-4265

When replying to this
email, please include the original message and all replies. Thank you.

Steve Bailey - Product Support

Phone: 800-554-7724
| Fax: 317-860-9195

Klipsch
Group, Inc.
Klipsch |
Jamo |
Mirage |
Energy

3502 Woodview Trace, Indianapolis,
IN

[mailto:reppend@comcast.net]

Sent:
Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:30 PM

To:
support

Subject:
RW-12D subwoofer blowing fuses / no power

Hello! My RW-12D subwoofer has
been flowing fuses as soon as the power is turned on. Can you please help
me?

Thanks!

• 10 months later...

Hi All,

I have the same problem. It started with fuse blowing. What I found is one of the FET was faulty in the power supply modul. But after swap it to the same one the power supply still don't want to start. No fuse blow, but nothing work after the coil part. So it doesn't make any DC neither for feature module neither for AMP module.

The AMP and the feature module is working I ahve tested.

I want to swap the power supply to a similar one. Can you please measure the voltage output for the AMP module (the black and red wire toward AMP module)? Is it fixed or changing in line the input?

Thanks,TamasM

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...