DVD Audio Interconnect recommendations

Audio Flynn

I ordered the Panasonic RP 91 on Friday. I do not have 6 of the same type interconnect for this unit to go analog for the DVD Audio to my preamp.

Audio Advisor has a sale on MIT MITerminator 4 or 5 interconnect.

MIT 4 $ 38 per pair 1 meter

MIT 5 $ 25 per pair 1 meter

I have tried Audio Quest, Esoterec and Radio Shack.

Anyone have a satisfying experience with these MIT interconnects?

Audio Flynn- May I ask, from where are you getting the RP-91, and for how much? I've been considering this model, too. Are you going to be using thid as your CD source, as well? Thanks.

fini

Order the ICBM from Outlaw (you are gonna need this for DVD-A) along with 6 pairs of their shortstacks (.5m). I am using these cables and like them better than any other cable I own. The ICBM w/3 pairs will run you $342 delivered. The additional 3 pairs will run you another $91 delivered.

Having the bass mgmt for DVD-A will make a huge difference all by itself but I am also using the RP91's Analog cables for DD5.1 and DTS encoded material as well (this basically means I prefer the RP91's DAC's to my Denon 4800). In a nutshell, I am no longer using the digital cable from the RP91 to the receiver.

Even if you don't go this route, I think you will really like the RP91 for it's video capabilities alone. It's just I enjoy DVD-A as my primary source and I think the ICBM is a must...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

Mike,

Can you get by without the ICBM for a little while?

I invested in the HDTV technology this month and needed about $ 300 of additional components that I really did not plan for. My wife is going to kill me if I sneak the ICBM into the system.

I got the RP 91 from a mom and pop brick and mortar place that has really good service in the western suburbs of Detroit called Walters Home Appliance for $ 480.

I will continue to use my cd changer and MSB Link to play cds through.