cornwall I or forte II?

smalltalk

Either way, Cornwall or Forte II, you will hear a marked improvement over the KG4s, and this may be even more delineated at lower volumes. I moved up to Cornwalls after owning KG4s for many years. The KG4s deliver a lot in a relatively small package, but the sound of the bigger speakers offer more bottom end fullness, and the 3-way design allows the detail in the high end to open up better than the KG4s can deliver. You will be upgrading in a big way with either the Corn or the Forte. Personally, I would go with the Cornwalls.

seadog-

thanks for sharing your thoughts

i spent part of the morning measuring the dimensions of the cornwalls and imagining them in place of the kg4s.

they are going to take some real estate!

i'm hoping to get my first look and listen later this week.

fingers crossed that these are a worthy pair and fingers crossed that my wife remains patient!

be well

rob

noah-

glad it worked out for u. big thumbs up [H]

i found out from the owner of the cornwall 1.5s that there is a big stain on the grill cloth of one speaker. (the cabinets are supposed to be in great shape). is replacing the grill cloth an easy, do-able repair? i imagine i should probably replace both grill cloths, don't you think?

i am scheduled to see/hear the 1.5s on thursday morning. how would u "road test" the cornwalls?

i have my favorite cds that i'd like to listen to but i thought since most of you good folks "know" what a cornwall should sound like, perhaps i should continue to draw upon this forum's collective experience (and wisdom! [8-|])

thanks in advance for any and all thoughts

be well

rob

• 2 weeks later...

Small talk

How did the test listen go? Curious of your impression when you first walked and just saw them in the flesh and sized them up too.

I bought a pair of Cornwalls yesterday and I'm sitting here listening to them and I just can't get over how much larger they are than the Forte IIs sitting behind them!