need help hooking up a Behringer fca202

The Dude

Just got one for Christmas, couple of quick questions if anyone can help. There are two balanced outs, one says L and the other R I figure left and right. do I need 2 1/4 jacks to rca adapters, and do they have to be balanced plugs or can I use the mono's. Now lets talk about cable from the audio interface to the receiver. I have tributaries rg-59, and compression rca ends, I can get quad shieled rg-6 from home depot which will run about .60 a foot I have compression style rca ends for that too, or I could get Audio Quest tri shielded for about 1.00 a foot. Or is there something else anyone would recommend I will be making my runs into the walls no more than 30 feet.

I do have the capablities to solder so that is not a problem. any help will be great.

thanks

duder

Bruce

Thanks for your quick reply, I will be hooking it up to my Dell dimension 2400 which I will be using for a dedicated music server. I am picking up a 1394ieee card tomorrow for it. I will be using a fire wire cable from the Behringer to the comp. Then I will need to run a feed to the tape input on my Rotel rx-402, I have read that this is a great audio interface for this, also down the road I can use it to help record my bass jam sessions.

Nick

I don't think you need the quad shielding, but low capacitance will help. You should be able to go 30 ft. with unbalanced without too much trouble. It says balanced out on the FCA202... then again, they don't give you too much info on their website.

We have some s-vhs cable at work that looks like zip cord, only smaller, two coax cables side by side. I've run video over that with very little loss in signal quality. It's a pain to work with because it is so small, but I imagine it would work.

Bruce

thanks Bruce is there a brand or part # of the wire you speak of that you use at work, and is like a wire were I can solder or crimp rca ends on. Also what is this zip cord you speak of I have read other people talking about it as well.

thanks again

nick

nick,

Regular lamp cord is called zip cord, like some might use for speaker cables. Since it is unshielded, you couldn't use it for line level interconnects. I only meant the cable looked like zip cord, with two cables side by side.

The cable we used was expensive, and could only be purchased in 500 foot spools. It might be hard to crimp connectors on it, as it was rather a pain to use and small, but it worked great. I'll have a look and see if we still have it around.

Bruce