Dts

BHZ Boy

I'm new, so I don't know all the conventions of the Forum board. So, if I am posting the wrong kind of question - please forgive me!

Here's my question... I hooked up my DTS ready DVD player to my Harman Kardon AVR 7000 DTS ready receiver and get NO AUDIO. The DVD player is hooked up via a S cable for video and optical cable for audio. All other modes deliver audio from the DVD player, so it's not a "hook-up" question. I am bewildered. Any thoughts on what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

is it DTS ready as in ready to decode it? if so make sure you tell it to decode DTS. I think i read that you have to tell it to do that in one of the modes.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Tech Support

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

I had that problem to. First of all you are right with the optical cable, keep it hooked up to that. Next look at the cover of the dvd, does it say dts, or just dolby digital, because not all dvd's are dts. then go to your dvd player. Turn it to stream/pcm, at least thats what I had to set it to. Yours may differ look in the manual. Finally on my denon 2802 I have to turn my input mode to auto, which automatically detects which singal it is,or turn it to dts. Usually the auto picks it up better. All of these setting have to be done for it to work. Just because your receiver has dts doesn't mean it will detect it automatically so look in the manual or on your receiver. Hopefully this should work. Enjoy!cwm1.gif

This message has been edited by zandern on 03-11-2002 at 09:28 PM