Klipschorn & Ayre Amplifiers?

PartTimeJedi

Hi Klipschorn users, have any of you heard or used Ayre amplifiers with Klipschorn ? I have the MXRs monoblocks and they work well with the JBL K2 when I heard them, I am thinking of moving to horns (the effortless visceral wall of transient sound) so therefore my question. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

......the effortless visceral wall of transient sound......

Trying to use the old Jedi mind trick on us again, are we? Heh! Heh! No special amplifiers using the Force are necessary when you have a pair of Death Stars in the corners, young Jedi!! [H]

Seriously, I would suspect that the MX-R's would be a very good amp for K'horns. It's very high quality, lotta' power available for transients, etc.

Unlike the La Scala/Belle and the earlier versions of the Heresy, the Klipschorns are more amplifier friendly. You don't really need forgiving tube amplifiers to tame the sometimes upfront sound of the other Heritage models. The Klipschorns are better balanced and relish high quality soild state power...

Is this for real? Ayre MXR's and JBL K2's. K Horns are great speakers but you will probably want to just stick with the JBL's if you already have them. If you are speaker shopping, the K horns should sound great with amps that work with the JBL's as they are all horn speakers.

You may want to try out the Klipsch Palladiums too.