Suggest a Receiver/Integrated Amp/Seperates...

Mudkicker

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

I was looking at Emotiva and looks very interesting. However i am located in Canada. There does not seem to be an authorized repair place locally so if something should go wrong i would have to ship it back at my cost.

What do you think of these

Cambridge Audio Azur 650A

Marantz PM 8003

Marantz SR 4023

Harmon Kardon HK 3490

Onkyo A9555

NAD Integrated Amp C 355BEE

Take a look at the Outlaw RR2150, it has a sub out and pre outs just in case you want to add a external amp later on. Outlaw does ship to Canada and this receiver has gotten good reviews. You can do a search here and see what others have said about it, I believe the phone input is also great on this unit just in case you wanted to add a TT.

James

Take a look at the Outlaw RR2150, it has a sub out and pre outs just in case you want to add a external amp later on. Outlaw does ship to Canada and this receiver has gotten good reviews. You can do a search here and see what others have said about it, I believe the phone input is also great on this unit just in case you wanted to add a TT.

James

there are links to 7 or 8 reviews on outlaws web site that will give you additional info. i'm running khorns with one, it is very good. the sub out was an important feature in my purchase decision but after listening to it, a sub was not necessary at all. this won't be my last amp, i'm sure i'll have to continue to experiment with tubes, but i will not get rid of this receiver.

James

there are links to 7 or 8 reviews on outlaws web site that will give you additional info. i'm running khorns with one, it is very good. the sub out was an important feature in my purchase decision but after listening to it, a sub was not necessary at all. this won't be my last amp, i'm sure i'll have to continue to experiment with tubes, but i will not get rid of this receiver.

I will also recommend the Outlaw Stereo Receiver. [Y]

I've not used one, but I have heard many, many great reviews for people I respect very much.

Dennie

There are also fantastic reviews on the Onkyo A-9555. And i can pick it up locally. However it does not have a Sub out. How critical is this? Do i really need a sub for a dedicated 2 channel set up? I do enjoy hearing/feeling those low bass frequencies.

What do you think of these: Cambridge Audio Azur 650A, Marantz PM 8003, Marantz SR 4023, Harmon Kardon HK 3490, Onkyo A9555, NAD Integrated Amp C 355BEE

If you're considering the Cambridge Audio 650A, why not the 650R? The 640R was a great bit of gear and it looks like the 650R does everything the 640R did not do.

However it does not have a Sub out. How critical is this? Do i really need a sub for a dedicated 2 channel set up? I do enjoy hearing/feeling those low bass frequencies.

With all that said I think that you should hold out for and receiver that has the sub out. Unless you can play the KG's right now with out a sub and like the output then I say go for it. Your comments are in the other direction and you really like the addition of a sub. It is all a personal issue on weather you want a sub or not with your 2-channel setup. I have three different ones and none have a sub, then again they are all powered by receivers that don't have a sub out to begin with.

And i can pick it up locally

If you do decide to get the receiver this is another good thing about it. You don't have to pay for shipping and worry if it will arrive in more then one piece.

Good luck on your decision.

James