Upgrading my Sub-12

liebherr954

Hay guys (gals too).

I am an owner of a Sub-12, I've had it for nearly two years and it has worked flawlessly. I recently finished my basement (overall room size is 17x25) I have noticed since moving my setup downstairs my sub seems a little under-powered, I placed a piece of 1 inch MDF underneeth it and it did help out. I was wondering if I would get any gains from placing acoustice foam, or lining it.

If I walk in the door with a new subwoofer my wife will most likely kill me, so I was wondering if there are any feasible upgrades/mods I could do.

Thanks in advance

Nathan

I recently finished my basement (overall room size is 17x25) I have noticed since moving my setup downstairs my sub seems a little under-powered,

Your basement must be larger than the room that the sub used to be in.

If I walk in the door with a new subwoofer my wife will most likely kill me, so I was wondering if there are any feasible upgrades/mods I could do.

I would upgrade my wife to one less violent.

Try the sub in different locations in the room to find the optimum placement. Another trick I've used when a sub is undersized for a room, is to place it nearfield. When you calibrate it you'll need less gain from the sub amp to keep up with your mains.

option c) identify the sub you want ...budget 125% more than it costs and buy her jewelry (or whatever makes her ooo and awww) at the same time. ya, it's bribery ..and ya, it works.

That might just work, it will sure make me think about buying the right speakers the first time around.

How long after giving her her jewelry do I upgrade my sub? sameday, wait a week or two?[:D]

option c) identify the sub you want ...budget 125% more than it costs and buy her jewelry (or whatever makes her ooo and awww) at the same time. ya, it's bribery ..and ya, it works.

That might just work, it will sure make me think about buying the right speakers the first time around.

How long after giving her her jewelry do I upgrade my sub? sameday, wait a week or two?Big Smile

hehe ..it's the reason (jokingly) I buy used ..keeps my mea culpa costs down. timing depends on your relationship with your wife and a funds available. while i've made good on all of my post-speaker IOU's ..i've run out of steam on that tactic, and will have to start making purchases in parallel. :P your mileage will most certainly vary