Remember her?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John - More, please! It's a fun distraction from the everyday grind of tubes vs. solid state, zipcord vs. esoteric speaker cables, and Heritage vs. Reference. Maybe I'll even guess right one day!

C

------------------

My System

This message has been edited by chickey on 03-20-2002 at 09:50 PM

Fear not, Tripped & Sworn, the joys of posting photos is just around the coroner. However, as long as you insist that the procedure should follow your intellectual bent... it shall remain a dead issue. I, too, had to struggle... because the program sequencing the act did not follow the pattern I surmised it should. cwm21.gif

Since you did succeed in getting one photo in that reveals itself when a Forum surfer clicks on the little camera icon... and if you can duplicate that... you are indeed close to the rapture of capture and display ad nauseum.

Somewhere in your struggles, I posted a pragmatic set of clues to help you once you got a picture in. I will re-read that post and the string of posts you have laid across two photo threads to find where you have set the bar... and then I will post a set of concepts to lead you under the bar of cyber-photo-limbo.

Oh, the little white box with the red "x" means that the computer cannot find where the photo named in the text has gone. What that implies is that the person who originally posted that photo has deleted it from his allotment of only six photos at any one time saved on the Klipsch server for any one Forum member.

Thus, as the six slots are filled, you must delete one stored photo first, before you upload another to take its place. Any post that has a proper indicating phrase to reach a stored photo will return a photo if that photo is still stored... or a little white box with a red "x" if it has been deleted.

Now, excuse me while I read some of the posts and try to understand where you are in the tangled web of programmer indifference to ordinary intellectuals. cwm35.gif -HornEd

To continue with the game using my new chops.

There was a PBS documentary on her not too long ago. Interesting and somewhat tragic character, gave up acting and eventualy became a surprisingly good writer apparently. She is part of Cinema history, although somewhat obscure at this point, except for her cult following. She made that moderne look and hairdo what it still is today, striking and cool.

blackbird.jpg

-Belled and Howelled

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

This message has been edited by Clipped and Shorn on 03-23-2002 at 03:58 PM

Being as well photographed as she was, this lovely will necessitate my learning how to make more room after I fill up the first 6 alotted locations. She was a photographer's favorite in the 20s and 30s, and has the kind of name I am always forgetting myself, more because it is ordinary rather than particularly exotic.

lovelytolookat.jpg

-babbled and shielded (and hinted)

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

This message has been edited by Clipped and Shorn on 03-23-2002 at 09:28 PM

John,

Of course, you are correct, I was not seeing what was right in front of my eyes with your post, and also when I left the cursor arrow in her face and didn't even notice while I was snapping the snap.

-snipped and snapped

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

This message has been edited by Clipped and Shorn on 03-23-2002 at 10:28 PM

Glad you enjoyed it John. I started to put it together when I saw your original post naming "Lulu" and it hit me that you were right. By the time I found the right picture and put on the caption, you and C&S both posted. I was thrown off by the writer clue... I didn't realize that she had done so well in that area. Congrats again, John.

Clipped & Shorn, if you are going to make a habit of posting, here's a way that should allow easier photo changes. Just upload your next six photos as Klip1, Klip2, Klip3, Klip4, Klip5, Klip6 (or some such easy code) and keep track of which photo is in which slot with a simple Word Processor file with the photo ID (i.e., Klip1) and then paste a copy of the photo. It would also work well in a program like PageMaker... make six pages and drop the current photo in it. Then you save the photo to a Klipsch folder on your computer by the photo ID name for the Klipsch server photo you want to replace.

Essentially, that would keep you aware of what photos you have on file and would eliminate the cumbersome process of deleting old files to make room for new ones.

Actually, it is even more simple than that on my PC since it converts photo icons into -sub-thumbnails so I can just look in my Klipsch Folder on my computer and know what is stored.

Now that your skills are so improved, why don't you start a new thread and see if you can stump John... while the rest of us catch up on our reading!cwm15.gif -HornEd

fini, I am such an absent minded professor that I forgot to give you credit on this exam. You did fine.

Gee, I didn't remember you taking the final, but if you say so......am I easy or what....?

-Rathed and Unrathed

I have another exam all worked up but I think I have used up my 6parking spots. I will have to decipher HornEd's last posts to me about this in order to proceed with the next blonde!

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

HornEd,

I am all ready to go with a couple of dandy shots of a new face to stump John, but I think I have used up my 6 slots.

Help! what do I do? What do I do?

I could have another nervous breakdown in public, or I could get some more wine and wait patiently for your instructions. Opting for the wine....the nervous breakdown thing is getting old....

-junged and freuded

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components