Is this how a Cornwall II Crossover Looks?

Evolvo

I just bought a pair of cornwalls and I was adjusting the woofer and noticed the crossovers looked like this. The caps on it say they are from japan and from what I understand klipsch speakers began to be manufactured overseas, sometime in the 80's. However these crossovers definately don't look like the ones on my old La Scalas which which were from 1997. The cornwalls I have were made in 1986. Thanks for the info. If they are not originals what is the likelyhood that who ever redid them didn't know what they were doing and that the sound could be off because of it. They do sound quite awesome, I have to say though.

post-38582-13819526448844_thumb.jpg

Yes, those are original, except looks like someone has done some creative re-mounting for one of the inductors that probably broke loose from it's original mounting place. Here is a picture of one as it was from the factory.

Bob Crites

post-9312-13819526454888_thumb.jpg

saying no after crites said yes, pretty bold, but in all fairness yours came a minute later, so maybe you were still writing. LOL. Well that makes me feel alot better. Both have the tape over the inductor, with a piece of wood strapped to the top thats screwed in so that thing is going nowhere. Anyway Crites, I'm the guy who was asking you about shipping speakers overseas and if the magnets posed a problem. Those la scalas had no problems and made it safely to switzerland. Bob, I'm thinking of buying some new grill covers for my Cornwalls, so I was wondering how long after i put a order in will it ship.

Thanks.

I like the bottom of the label:

P.R.I.D.E.

Product Reliability In Dedicated Employees

With round terminal cups, are those Cornwall II models? I guess if they are from 1986, that is the first year of the CII. All of the Heritage models were and are still made in Hope, Arkansas. Manufacturing for some of the newer models is done in China, under close supervision by Klispch.

Bruce

• Moderators

saying no after crites said yes, pretty bold, but in all fairness yours came a minute later, so maybe you were still writing. LOL. Well that makes me feel alot better. Both have the tape over the inductor, with a piece of wood strapped to the top thats screwed in so that thing is going nowhere. Anyway Crites, I'm the guy who was asking you about shipping speakers overseas and if the magnets posed a problem. Those la scalas had no problems and made it safely to switzerland. Bob, I'm thinking of buying some new grill covers for my Cornwalls, so I was wondering how long after i put a order in will it ship. Thanks.

When I posted that Bob's post was not there, he must type faster than me. [:$]

I did not think they were original but I had seen a pic like that before so that's why I said " wait and see what everyone else says" , I thought it looked a little sloppy to be honest ?

I have met Mr Crites and trust what he says 100%, and he is even a great person to do business with, I have never seen someone ship as fast as him I don't know how he does it.