RC-64 directly underneath (mounted) TV ... Cherry or Black Ash?

csemoses

I'm going to be ordering an RC-64.

I've got Cherry RF-63's.

I can get an RC-64 in Black Ash (new) for $569.

I'm trying to get the same price on a Cherry one.

I'm not sure if a Cherry (to match the RF-63's) is the way to go though... most of the top of the speaker is going to be visible in front of the TV, due to the way my stand is setup. I'm concerned about reflections off of the lighter color wood.

Do any of you have experience with these two finishes directly underneath a TV?

Will the Cherry be a distraction while watching a movie? the Cherry RF-63's arent too bad on either side, but something right smack under the TV that is light in color...

FYI, my TV and stand are all black.

any advice would be appreciated :)

I ordered a woofer replacement once from partsexpress it was like $40 for the woofer and i paid $50 in fees and taxes when it got here. I have always wanted to order online but i'm afraid that when it gets here i would have to pay double. Can you pls tell me how much you paid with taxes from canada government. thanks. oh i would get cherry one it would not look good if they were not matched. if you were going to sell it again as a package people would want it to match.

hi csemoses! i'm here in vancouver, tell me where you ordered your rc-64 for $600? the only place i know is london drugs and they will sell me one for $1500 including tax. thanks.

I too live in the Vancouver BC area, and I've resigned myself to purchasing the RC-64 from London Drugs for $1500 - they are the only dealer in western Canada willing to order one. Reading the long discussion in this forum titled "Weird damage to RC-64" as well as similar discussions on a couple of other web sites, it seems to me that the RC-64 low frequency drivers were simply not designed robustly enough to withstand the rigors of shipping by the likes of USPS or UPS. The likelihood of irreparable damage to the RC-64 seems to be fairly high, and trying to get a damaged RC-64 replaced after it has been shipped cross-border by a US-based online retailer would be a nightmare.

hi hmb, yea $1500 for centre channel is too much, if they were all the same price even $1100 online i'd buy them from london drugs but I see them as low as $550 online just doesnt make sense paying the $1500. Actually i know a guy who will sell me his rc-64 only if i buy his whole system. it is rc-64, rf-63, and rf-52's for $2100. Ii would rather pay that than pay $1500 for one rc-64.

Nope that is not his name I dont want to say his name maybe his a regular here on the forum but his seems like a nice guy. Actually he just sold a pair of velodyne dls5000 for $750! i wanted it so bad but someone beat me to it. Yea i think he has the black ones. I have cherry. Yes the rf-63's are very easy to sell. I wonder if I can use the rf-63's as surrounds? but would be a waste of good speakers to be used as surrounds imo. Maybe i can connect it on my old school stereo receiver that one has good bass compared to the new ones right now. I wish i lived in america everything is cheap there! hehee i'm looking around for an rc-64. i probably would want rf-82 as surrounds.