I pinned the geezer meter, getting the Led out!

russ69

I was tuning up my main system for the last four hours today, wife is out and about. Cable swaps, speaker placement and stuff. Than I moved on to my Klipsch system and I'm cranking Led Zepplin I and II. (Can you crank it up with 25 watts?) Man I'm back to 1969! It's so basic, Led Zep and Klipsch, I'm loving it. It never sounded so good. Heck back in 69 I had crap for a music system, now I'm styling. Rockin' it, big time.............

Thanx, Russ

Sounds like you're having a Great Time! Keep it up Russ.

I've got it turned up a little more than usual today, Johnny Winter, Jethro Tull (Right now) and Steely Dan's "Gaucho" is next!

Rock & Roll and Klipsch Speakers.......it is a Beautiful Thing. [Y]

Dennie

Very cool Russ.

After spending the morning in my wood shop, I found I had the house to myself for the after noon. Decided to listen to "Boston's Greatest Hits" at rafter shaking levels. After listening to some Miles, will put on LZ I and II myself!

I was in the same boat as you, no name import 4 way speakers, 25 watt Technics reciever, and a BIC turntable all the early 70's. But at 2.10 an hour, lots of burger flipping done to afford even that. I still have the Yamaha. Listening to the Cornscalas this after noon,

How funny - I also cranked Zeppelin today, though more like from 1975 (Physical Graffiti) for the official "inauguration" of my H3's. It was the first time any friends/guests had heard my hand-built, all-tube gear with my new Klipsch babies, and boy, you should have seen the facial expressions! Nothing brings out the smiles like the combination of good rock and roll, tubes, and horns.

Speaking of old geezer's rocking out tonight. I just picked up a copy of Black Sabbath Paranoid and played it for the first time tonight. I was never a big Ozzy fan (I was always a Led Zeppelin guy myself). This alums is recorded so well, it just rocks. I felt like I was 16 again. I have not heard that much dynamic range in a long time. This is the new 180G release. Well worth picking up. It was only $15 from Accoustic Sounds at an audio show.

Maybe it was remastered. Real heavy and hard hitting bass, lots of soft passages followed by drums and guitar. Really god stuff.

I have some CD's that sound rought and the vinyl is outstanding. The new Doors box set comes to mind. Awesome recordings.

To keep this thread on track, I picked up the one Led Zeppelin album hat I did not buy as a kid recently, Coda. I remember sweating over the $12 in the early 1980's. I have not played it yet, but LZ is one of the groups that you need to run through all of their albums over a few nights. Kind of like the doors.