4 CornWalls ===> Conversion To Cornscala's a build log !

ZombieWoof

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used the stuff from parts express,1/4" seal black with sticky tape on the back. about $6 a roll of 25'

thanks for the reply , think I'm gonna go with woofs mounted inside / horns outside

i like the seal material that is on bob's woofs being the reason ,it's some stout seals .

away story on the oiling & how it went ,looked for tung oil couldn't Find REAL tung oil ... pissed .. soo I figurered Teac Oil would work got a quart did over 7 coats of the stuff setup over nite & ended up with a thick bumpy finsh that a few hair stuck in it .. was not surprised as the plan was to steel wool it .

the stain is minwax red chestnut & that's also a sealer .. soo when the teac oil went on it looked great ..but in the morning bumps/hairs all expected after 7 coats

3 wipes with minerail sprits to soften the Teak oil up ..

then a 000 steel wood pad soaked in same ran that over every surface one speaker @ a time,soaked agin more pads , then pads that were dry ran with the grain ,went thru awhole bundle of steel wool last =>pass cool even every where,flat as heck .it even filled the pores of the oak in the grain.... smooth as a baby butt .

No Way polyU would do that..................

(I know the whole living room is Oak just like this & all PolyU 3 coats and u still can fell the pores with the polyU& i wet sanded between each coat )

this worked just as i wanted

now i just gotta wait till all the thinner dries off & out the wood in the cabs & then it's lemon oil to bring up the sheen

flat blacked the 2 decorator Cornwalls motorboards also today

mounting horns as things dry out ...

now I am pulling all the paper padding out as my Puppy thought it great fun digging it out in spots !

going with the wal-mart polyfill like used in blanket Comforters

doubled the back wall also with MDF 3/4"

All 8 horns are mounted now

tried for days cutting cork seals but never could do it to my liking Soo silcone was my other choice & that went real well

as I was able to back fill around the horns due to the flush mount that left quite a hollow area & I filled in those areas with silicone , i will not get any Bass blow thru in those ares & also no vibrations

came out quite well not pretty on the inside but very fuctional

to those who do the flush mount with silicone wrap the tweet horn with plastic wrap on the threads before inserting into a hole that has sealant on it .i learned the hard way on the 1st one !

but was able to clean it off quite well 2nd time i wrapped the threads & left it on till next day & it came off very easy ,with clean threads

I need to drill out the mid horns now & attach the barbnuts & use a bolt/screw head (1x4"by20) to hold it all in place ,I placed small thin strips (1/4" X 2") of popular (glued them in with small scews to set the glue ) where the barbnuts will go soo they had a flat full coverage area to seat. this will also stiffen the motor board quite well ,as the strips go 3/4 the way across the motorboard top/bottom of the mid horns

woofs will have the barbnuts on the frounts screw bolts from the back to forward ..

Fun is being had by all they are getting ready to Rumble soon !

I"ll do the grills when are up & running

I miss my music !

mike

more.................. horn is dusty but it looks clean with a little flat black paint

the screws on mid horn will be replaced with bolts ,heads with a washer this sideout.......... Not doing the barbs on the inside for a fear of splitting the popular strips gonna go with washers & the fiber lock nuts PLUS I can use a smaller drill hole 1/4" & not have any clearance in the drill holes

drill out hole squirt a dash silicone in hole with then set bolts ,bullet pruffin' agin ................ darn i love this stuff & I'm off to war with these babies Very Soon !

tweet will stay as is !

post-41965-13819540691958_thumb.jpg

post-41965-13819567912828_thumb.jpg

post-41965-13819569107746_thumb.jpg

here's what the final finsh over the Teac oil will be it's a orange oil,beeswax,carnuba mix calls for use like a paste wax

a penetrating feed & polish ,rub on leave 20 minutes, wipe off , then buff off.. nice stuff..not yet on the cabs Yet ..will post what it looks like tomorrow

Howad feed-n-wax wood presererver made here in Cali, Paso Robles 805-227-1000

post-41965-13819540694758_thumb.jpg

post-41965-13819567916328_thumb.jpg

post-41965-13819569110346_thumb.jpg

It's a manly world out there ! that's what i said to the wife when she was awoken @ 5am with me working

them's a manly woof mounted darn them cast woofs eer tyee a bit thick them 2"x1/4" bolts split ring washer @ head & a fiber lock nut as I was not gonna grind them off, & I'm off to war with these babies any way .............................. bullett pruff my name is me !

They not be going anywhere & I never want to get back into them anyway !

post-41965-13819540695418_thumb.jpg

post-41965-13819567917068_thumb.jpg

post-41965-13819569110966_thumb.jpg